Thread: weather sealing for high end DSLR's...

weather sealing for high end DSLR's...

Hi! just want to ask especially all 7D and 5D Mark II owners here about the weather sealing of both models. Do they have the same sealing? Or does the 7D have a better sealing? Thanks!

Re: weather sealing for high end DSLR's...

http://canonfieldreviews.com/7d-1-weather-sealing/

This is an interesting read. I'm not sure if 5D mkII's on par with 7D's.

As far as I understand, the weather sealing on the 7D is way better.

Of all the fiddling I have done chasing shots of waterfalls and rain and storms, an elastic band holding the protective plastic bag over the lens hood works well. Challenging the advertised camera seals is OK but check your insurance policy! Happy photography!

I reallyenjoyed reading that article (and pretty much all the others on the site). I like the real world testing side of things as a different perspective from the purely technical side. It's great to have expert opinions from both sides of the coin (i.e this guy's "expeditions" and Bryan's reviews) to draw information from.

It's a good sign that the 7D is up there with the best anyway. He also gives the IQ a really big wrap which is a little different to what I've been reading elsewhere.

Now I'm torn between the 7D and the 5D MkII... again.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30