Thread: Additional photoshop plugin

Additional photoshop plugin

Hello all.

I would like to know what are the additional* plugins for PS you use for common (and special) photo retouch jobs.

Thanks all for sharing your time and experience with me.[B]

(* additional == plugins that does not come bundled with the PS / 3rd party plugins to be used in PS)

Alan

Re: Additional photoshop plugin

I use this one: http://www.imagenomic.com/pt.aspx

I´ve got the Nik Complete Collection. The price is steep, but all the plug-ins in the suite are great, specially Viveza and Dfine.

I use two plugins that emulate analog film emulsions (Alien Skin Exposure 2 and Imagenomic Realgrain).

I use a plugin to help me with skins in quick postprocessing (Imagenomic Portraiture: beware though: anything default will turn your model into a Barbie doll. Images that are very important I still postproces manually in Photoshop).

I used to go to Nik SilverEfex for black & white conversions but switched to an action set because tones were better.

VIVEZA is interesting. I used to use it a lot for local adjustments until I realised I was turning into a Photoshopper instead of a good photographer.

Which plugin do you use for noise reduction?

I shoot mostly studio work so Noise Reduction I hardly ever need.

Usually IF there is some kind of Noise (hardly ever) the noise reduction in Lightroom is sufficient. (I shoot 5D MkII so IF there is noise I have to really crank up the ISO which you dont do in a studio).

Noiseware is good though. Also Imagenomic. It has learning algorhythms that get smarter every time you use it, and they were incredible to begin with. I tried them once on a high iso indoor wedding I did some time ago (no I dont do weddings but I made an exception). The noise removal at 6400 iso made it look cleaner than anything. Although I will admit I added new noise back in to create noise that is not digital but analog (see earlier plugins that emulate analog film). ForB&W documentary work that really worked.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

Noiseware is good though. Also Imagenomic.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Madison, aren't these one and the same?

I'm curious about the Noiseware plug-in. I've used Nik's Dfine 2.0. What can you tell me about the Noiseware plug-in's ability to do well on noise reduction? In another thread, I asked this question and the poster (I think, Jordan) used somewhat cryptic descriptions (awesome, OMG), which doesn't help me much.

Thanks.

I am using B/W Styler from thepluginsite.com It is a plugin for Photoshop CS3/CS4. It has all the features I want ( and more ) for B&amp;W work. I never use Lightroom or Photoshop&acute;s built-in conversion tool anymore.

Yes. I mean 'also by Imagenomic' because I mentioned Portraiture earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan

Madison, aren't these one and the same?

I suggest you download a trial of the software and see it in action yourself. Make sure you understand the options within. You have a lot of control and default settings are always less impressive than fine tuned settings.