Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodland creatures and birds

Re: Woodland creatures and birds

I was driving around the local lake and this guy was raiding the bird feeder. This was the last of four pictures as he made his escape.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.39/IMG_5F00_1156.jpg[/img]50D, 17-55f2.8
    Jeremy (Cytoman)

It could be possible that the entire squirrel population survives onscrapsbirds leave behind []! This one I caught red-handed... running away with a piece of bread meant for a duck. I'll let you write the caption for the 2nd picture [].

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.34.Posts/IMG_5F00_4688.jpg[/img]

50D 70-200L F4 IS @ F4 1/200 iso 250

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.40.34.Posts/IMG_5F00_4675.jpg[/img]

50D 70-200L F4 IS @ F4 1/400 iso 250

"Eureka!The mother lode of birdseed!"

Best,

-james

This feeder is 100% guaranteed against squirrels getting your seed....but it needs to be brought in on cold nights. []

My wife,w/a Titmouse clinging to her finger,at the Ipswich, Mass Audubon Ctr, shot w/a 5D MKll, 100-400 at 100mm, 7.1, 1/320, ISO 800, +.3

No way! Those birds are shy as heck, how long was she waiting?

Actually Tim we didn't even have to wait....they started dropping into the lower branches as soon as we arrived.

These birds have been being fed for years now, but we did have a first....a nuthatch landed in her hand.

Here is my "Midget Kangaroo" picture.[]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.86/_5F00_MG_5F00_7950.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

John.

I can't believe you were able to get that close, let alone have them sit on your wife's finger. That is amazing. They must be pretty acclimated to people being around there. Nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson

I can't believe you were able to get that close, let alone have them sit on your wife's finger. That is amazing. They must be pretty acclimated to people being around there. Nice shot.

Believe or not, It's actually pretty easy. Stay still, get some seed in your hand, and chickadees, nuthatches and titmice will come before you know it.

Brendan....I don't know if I'd go that far if you're talking about the backyard. I've tried it in my backyard a few times and I've run out of patience waiting which I never seemto do (lose patience)when the camera is stuck to my face. [:P]

But I totally agree if you visit an Audubon site or something similar.

Jayson....find an Audubon site near you, take some seed w/you and I'll bet you'll have the same results.

Here's a troika for you; a Robin, Chickadee and the Titmouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

Here is my "Midget Kangaroo" picture.[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Hahaha glad you kept that one in the memory bank! [] Looks even smaller this time [:P]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30