Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Burds

Local Burds

Had a chance to get out and test my new MKIII with the 100-400--what better way to do so than on some yard birds. There seems to be a sizing issue, so try not to be critical on the crops since the window cuts a lot of the frame off.

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-throated Sparrow

Red-breasted Woodpecker (heavy crop)

Dark-eyed Junco

Tufted Titmouse

American Tree Sparrow

Also tried out a new processing technique as well. What do you guys think?

-Matt

Here are a few more...

Re: Local Burds

MVers,

Great stuff! I'm impressed. I just got a 1D Mk III also and I love the image quality. Keep up the good work!

Kyle

Very well done! good job.

I'd suggest trying to frame things a bit differently, consider your 4rth from the top picture, has a red-headed bird on it, notice how it sands out from a quite interesting background VS. other photos of same color bird on same color background ... but even those turned out quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by gonchar

Very well done! good job.

I'd suggest trying to frame things a bit differently, consider your 4rth from the top picture, has a red-headed bird on it, notice how it sands out from a quite interesting background VS. other photos of same color bird on same color background ... but even those turned out quite nicely.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

For the framing, it seems this site does not autoformat images to fit the page, instead it auto-crops so all of the images posted were cropped to an extent. As for the image of the red-breasted woodpecker, it was taken from an entirely different angle and distance than any of the other subjects and that is why the background looks the way it does--different. Anyhow, I thank you for your comments

Thanks, Kyle

Excellent burds images MVER. Your images width should not exeed 800px to avoid crop. Looking foward to seeing more[]

Thanks for posting, I love these shots!

Thank you for the comments guys!

Very nice! I think #2 is my favorite. The detail in the feathers and color is excellent, and very nice soft backgrounds. Were most of these closer to the 400mm focal length?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Robinson

Very nice! I think #2 is my favorite. The detail in the feathers and color is excellent, and very nice soft backgrounds. Were most of these closer to the 400mm focal length?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thank you, Jessica. Yes they were all shot at 400mm, if not just short. It also helps when the closets treeline/backdrop is a good 200ft away--makes for some nice bokeh