Thread: Summer

Summer

One of my first trips with my new Lee filters.

The shot is taken with my 5D classic, 17-40 f/4L at 19mm, f/16 and ISO 100.A 0.9 soft ND grad and 105mm Heliopan polarizer has also been used

As you can see, some of the top branches has gotten a fair deal of the ND effect..

Critique appreciated.

Cheers

Håkon

Re: Summer

Hmm...how the H*ll did I manage to get that title??? [:$]

It is summer in the Southern Hemisphere...

I like the shot but I find the dark vignetting in the upper corners a bit distracting and overpowering
    7d w/ BG-E7, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS II

Quote Originally Posted by hknivers

Hmm...how the H*ll did I manage to get that title??? [img]/emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]

If you want to change it you can click the more button by the original post then edit, and it will allow you to change the name.

nice pic!

dan

I like thevignetting, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by hknivers

Hmm...how the H*ll did I manage to get that title??? [img]/emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Um... wishful thinking???

I also like the vignetting - draws the eye toward the sun filtering through the branch.

Great shot!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Dear Hakon,

This is a very nice picture, and the grad effect is perfecly acceptable in my book. If you check David Noton's website, who is an avid user of (Lee) ND grads, you will see more of it. I like the composition andfilter choice.The vignette works for me as well, if anything it may be a tad too strong.

I think that gradient transitions, achieved either by filters or in post,allowtoobtain more contrastyand natural looking pictures than,for example, HDR. HDRlovers may disagree though...

I like this very much. Maybe you can use a soft brush and dodge the upper branches back to a consistent exposure with the rest of the branches. Again, great shot. Shooting into the sun can be really great!