Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 7: Slow it Down -- Congratulations travischance

Re: Assignment 7: Slow it Down

WOW, Stephen! Just wow!! Beautiful...

I'm curious...was it hard to get it right? I mean, I'm thinking I would have to try several times before getting something that good!

Love it!

Andy

The "card" was a series of photographs with different messages, so I definitely tried a few things and got pretty good at writing backwards and timing 30 seconds (I didn't have my shutter release/timer/remote for longer exposures). I also had to get a sense of the focal length I was shooting and how to fill the frame without being behind the camera.

Musickna, yes my wife enjoyed the card very much and was intrigued with the process I used to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert
    Musickna, yes my wife enjoyed the card very much and was intrigued with the process I used to create it.

I'm sure she was - definitely a labor of love!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Probert

I'm sure she was - definitely a labor of love!

Wow there's some fantastic images so far!!! Nice topic. [Y]

Here's my entry - it's an oldie but is my favourite long exposure.

This was a compilation of 426[:O]x 10sec shots (in continuous shooting mode)stacked, and a further 10sec exposure with some light painting to highlight the foreground.Luckily I have a battery grip otherwise I don't think the camera would have lasted that long!

Cheers,Ben.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.34/Boulia-Star-trails-WEB.jpg[/img]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Sorry a bit of a braincramp there. That is definetely not slower than 1 second. It was a fifth or around there with a Canon E-50 1.8 II. The spinny lights got me thinking about time exposures and I posted it by mistake.

I love this set. We will really have a hard time voting! You all really have some awesome long exposures!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/IMG_5F00_2725-copy.jpg[/img]

exposure time close to one hour, iso 100.

Wow, there are really some great shots here! Once again, I'm enjoying these assignments!

Here's my (completely futile) addition to the mix:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.73/IMG_5F00_3302-small.JPG[/img]

15s, f/9.0, ISO 200, 17-55 IS at 21mm, XSi

Hope you like it!

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8