Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 7: Slow it Down -- Congratulations travischance

Re: Assignment 7: Slow it Down

Canon 5d Mark II, Canon 24-70 2.8L USM, ISO 6400, 24mm, f/2.8, 15.0 seconds

Distant city lights create an artificial sunrise as stars light up overhead while running lights from my car illuminate the foreground.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.31/IMG_5F00_4783_5F00_800.jpg[/img]

Here is my entry. Taken withmytrusty XSI + Sigma18-250 OS at 18mm, f/11, 2s, ISO 100.

BTW, very nice submissions, everyone. I like every single one. Good luck to us []

Ahhh piiooo looks like bushkill fallsto me. I've been there twice, nice shot!

Fred~

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Doane

Ahhh piiooo looks like bushkill fallsto me. I've been there twice, nice shot!

Fred~

Thank youFred.Yes, this photo was taken in Buskill Falls Park. I couldn't get a decent shot of the main falls, maybe the light was too harsh. I photographeda few sections of the stream and liked this one most. Honestly, I wasn't even planning on going there, I was just passing by. Thankfully,Ialways takea camera and a tripod when I go on a road trip. Sometimes it pays back, other times I justgive my kit a ride in the trunk []

This does not compare at all to the quality of images already posted, but to be a part of the assignment here is my submission.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.47/IMG_5F00_5852-for-web.jpg[/img]

Canon 50D + 70-200 f4 L @ 70mm f11 153sec ISO-100
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Dave we are our worst critic, I was just thinking here is the new winner! Perhaps my affinity for piers is clouding my judgment. I've found various subject do resonate (or not) with different viewers and have embraced it as an interesting undertone of photography. -Shea

Not nearly as good as the rest here either, but just wanted to have an entry. I like long exposures, but when looking through my photos, I have taken alot, but few turn out the way I had envisioned. Guess I just need more practice!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.15/IMG_5F00_5527.JPG[/img]

1 sec exposure at appeture F-18

Stephen

I can honestly say I tried to complete this assignment twice this week...and I was quite unsatisfied with my results both times. I wouldn't even put my name on the best of what I got..

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    I can honestly say I tried to complete this assignment twice this week...and I was quite unsatisfied with my results both times. I wouldn't even put my name on the best of what I got..

How 'bout a 1-second self portrait?

Sean was it a technical issue or just bad timing? I tried one at the ocean but I seem to recall that it was so bright I could not get enough shutter time out of my exposure triangle, iso 50 f/22...

There are not exactly many streams and falls around my area, especially not photogenic ones, but perhaps I will have another go and we can compare notes.

-Shea