Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Although the instant rebate promotion has come to an end...

Although the instant rebate promotion has come to an end...

Amazon.com is still offering these lenses at a competitive price against B&H, e.g.:

Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II: $1390 ($1450 @ B&H)

Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS: $1599.99 ($1699 @ B&H)

Thought this might be useful to those who missed the deadline []

Re: Although the instant rebate promotion has come to an end...

Am I missing something here? At B&H for example, before the 17th the price for the 50d was like this: $1069 + $100 rebate = 50d for $1069. So when the rebate ended, as I see it, obviously the 50d should have been at $1169... so why it's $1299??

I'd buy something from B&H rather than Amazon.

I noticed the same thing during the instant rebate period too. Amazon's prices were less that B&H's on the lenses I was following. Canoga Camera had better prices on those same lenses than B&H, but not as good as Amazon's.

I used to buy a lot of gear from B&H, but their rude phone sales treatment is more than I want to endure anymore. By contrast, I have just started doing business with Canoga Camera. Calling their Sales department for advice and info has been such a "breath of fresh air" compared to B&H. I don't work for Canoga if anyone is wondering, just a new customer that likes what I see so far.

Rick

I also noticed another one:

although Canon EF 180 f/3.5L Macro was not in the instant rebate list, the price on amazon went up by like 50 or sth (previously $12XX) to $1300.

So there was some silent holiday promotion?

I also noticed another one:

although Canon EF 180 f/3.5L Macro was not in the instant rebate list, the price on amazon went up by like 50 or sth (previously $12XX) to $1300.

So there was some silent holiday promotion?

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]I used to shop a lot a B&amp;H, but also got tired of the rude sales treatment and the excuses when my orders shipped late. So now I shop mainly at Amazon and Adorama.<o></o>

I would advise you to look at two very good "L" lens. The EF70-200MM f/2.8 L IS USM and the EF24-70mm f/2.8 L. I use the 24-70 extensively at weddings.

Not me. I always buy all of my camera and electronics from Amazon and have NEVER had any problems. I save a huge amount of money because I don't have to pay shipping or tax (I'm an Amazon Prime member, so 2 day shipping is always FREE). Plus the prices on Amazon are usually the cheapest anyway (just be sure you are buying from AMAZON, and not one of their third party sellers).

I used to buy camera equipment from some of those New York based camera stores but they always seemed to have an attitude when you talk to them on the phone.

I did go ahead and send some of my business to Canoga Camera (after that last very rude episode with B&amp;H Sales). What strikes me about B&amp;H is that if anyone should know the value of being courteous to a customer, it should be the "Sales Department". But enough about B&amp;H, because they won't get another penny from me anyway and there's plenty of other price competitive companies who understand being courteous to their customers.

In the last month, I've done 3 separate orders with Canoga (over $500 worth of gear). My experience with Canoga has been first class all the way. I've called them for advice several times and they have always been courteous and helpful. All three orders were extremely well packed and packaged. One of the items was out of stock at the time I ordered. Canoga never lost sight of that product, shipped the balance of items on that particular order and then shipped the backordered item to me at no cost.

After what I've read here about Adorama, I will also consider doing business with them in the future, expecially in the area of refurbished canon lenses. I will likely give that a go and have been impressed by Adorama's participation in this board and others. It always speaks well of a company that takes time to listen to it's customers (even in forums) and I like that about Adorama.

Rick