Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Although the instant rebate promotion has come to an end...

Re: Although the instant rebate promotion has come to an end...

I too have an experience with B&H.

I have been a B&H customer and have bought a lot of stuff from them, however going forward, I need to find someone else who can stick to commitments. I must have till date spent atleast 35,000/- USD buying stuff from B&H bringing them to India when ever I travel or any of my friends travel.

Recently I made an online purchaseof some medium format film(220 and 120 formats) and 35mm film and got it shipped to through UPS since my next trip to the US is not due for a few months to come.. When it landed, I realised that B&H had not even mentioned that the package contains film and should not be put throughx-ray.Thanks to that good deed by B&H the film is useless since the customs dept put it though x-ray(the best part is I paid customs duty for this soiled film).

I did write back to B&H informing them about this and also suggested that they should consider including someplace in their order form where a customer can leave instructions. This was acknowledged by B&H and infact came back to me offering me a 20$ off on next purchase and free shipping. The next time when I finally decided to place an order with B&H I wrote to them wanting to know as to how can I avail the 20bucks off and free shipping.... and guess what..... no reply till date, a number of remindersbut no reply till date....

I never asked them for a discount or rebate or free shipping, but only was suggesting something to help improve on their assesment/understanding of their customer needs.I wanted to avail of it since they offered it, but thanks to this, I do not think I would be ordering any more stuff from them.

If any body from B&H is reading this, please get your shop in order before its too late for you to react and realise that you are crashing. I may be an insignificant customer from a so called third world country but in today's world every customer matters....

Regards....

I think he was doing theater.

Quote Originally Posted by naturegrapher
    Recently I made an online purchaseof some medium format film (220 and 120 formats) and 35mm film and got it shipped to through UPS since my next trip to the US is not due for a few months to come.. When it landed, I realised that B&H had not even mentioned that the package contains film and should not be put throughx-ray.Thanks to that good deed by B&H the film is useless since the customs dept put it though x-ray(the best part is I paid customs duty for this soiled film).

I am sorry for your dissatisfaction. We don't label the outside of our packages at all because we've learned doing so makes them a target of thievery. In particular we don't label our boxes in any way to say there's film inside or they shouldn't be x-rayed because

1) Labels of this sort are entirely ineffective. If some security chap decides to x-ray the box anyway (as could easily happen since sucn a box could easily contain contraband the sender does not want discovered) it'll get x-rayed.

2) UPS assures us our boxes are never x-rayed from the time they leave our loading dock to the time they're delivered to the customer.

We ship worldwide daily, including plenty of film. No customer hjas complained about the quality of the film he or she has received. Particularly since 9/11, this has been a concern and we've been careful to monitor customer feedback.

We do so much business with India we've set up a separate web site for our customers from there. None who've used this site have complained about the quality of the film they're received.

We don't have insignificant customers. Every customer and every order, no matter the size or the country of origin, is important.

Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video

Henry Posner

Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    Look at B&H, there site is the best I've seen so far - very simple, clean, easy on the eyes and you are not distracted by anything.

Thank you.

Henry Posner
    B&H Photo-Video

Henry Posner

Dear Mr. Henry Posner,

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]I do understand large organizations have fixed processes in place and cannot adapt to change with ease. In my limited experience of running relatively successful business especially in today&rsquo;s financial environment, I never forget this: &ldquo;Change is something that one needs to adapt to rather quickly or get ready to be changed&rdquo;.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]I may not order stuff from B&amp;H in future but at least I feel a little better that you guys take a note of things especially when they are put up on public domain. <o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]To me photography is a rather serious hobby and not a profession.<o></o>Now as far as my issue is concerned, I can forward the chain of e-mails that were sent and received from B&amp;H before you decide to address it and then tell me if I have been reasonable with your organization or not. <o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Regards&hellip;NG&hellip;.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]P.S. One suggestion from my end would be that you please post you e-mail ID on this forum so that people with issues relating to B&amp;H can write to you.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]
    I do understand large organizations have fixed processes in place and cannot adapt to change with ease. In my limited experience of running relatively successful business especially in today&rsquo;s financial environment, I never forget this: &ldquo;Change is something that one needs to adapt to rather quickly or get ready to be changed&rdquo;.

The issue is not the speed with which we're able to adapt to change. It's that some suggested changes benefit some at the expense of others, which must be considered, and some changes have other ramifications which must be weighed before the proposed change is implemented.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]I may not order stuff from B&amp;H in future but at least I feel a little better that you guys take a note of things especially when they are put up on public domain. <span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]

I think you can "<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]order stuff from B&amp;H in future" with complete confidence.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana; color: black;"]P.S. One suggestion from my end would be that you please post you e-mail ID on this forum so that people with issues relating to B&amp;H can write to you.

Good point. I thought it was in my forum sig, but then I discovered the sigs don't automatically get appended to forum posts.
    My e-mail is henryp@bhphotovideo.com

Henry Posner
    B&amp;H Photo-Video

Henry Posner

Well I don't who this helps or if there is anyone from Amazon sitting on these boards but...

If a company sends out an email on Oct. 20th saying no interest no payments for 12 months on camera gear when purchased with there store card, why on February 22 do they send you a bill asking for payment with a substantial amount of interest attached. Now I have to waste my time sitting on the telephone arguing with people I can't understand and am pretty sure they don't understand me. Be very aware of dealing with Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by henryp
    The issue is not the speed with which we're able to adapt to change. It's that some suggested changes benefit some at the expense of others, which must be considered, and some changes have other ramifications which must be weighed before the proposed change is implemented.

I do not see as to how my suggestion comes at an expense of others. <span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]Anyway you know what works best for B&amp;H, however this maynot necessarily suit customer needs. Lets just rest this here.

My best wishs to B&amp;H and its team.

Regards NG.......

P.s. I did send that email.

Dear Forum Users,

This thread has been adjusted in order to prevent any confusion regarding vendor representatives and participants.

Please note that:
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]Helen Oster is the representative of Adorama, and can be contacted directly at helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]Henry Posner is the representative of B&amp;H Photo, and can be contacted directly at henryp@bhphotovideo.com
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]Thank you for respecting their efforts in responding to customer feedback and issues.