Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilt and you shall receive!

Tilt and you shall receive!

Totally lucked out last week when a discontinued TS-e 24mm f/3/5 L showed up on the local 'list'... Now I know this is pretty esoteric glass for most, but this has always been an area of interest for me so I picked her up mint for $750 & began my Tilt Shift adventures:

Obligatory shrinky shot, walking distance from pickup spot:

Something new at Sunset:

This framing seems to work:

A wedge of focus was it...

The shift and shoot panos are very tight too, but I'll spare you another Cali sunset for now. 5D mkII body btw.

-Shea

Re: Tilt and you shall receive!

i love these. a lot.

I want that lens [:@] WAIT!$750? for that? dammnnn.....

great pictures shea. especially #s 2&3.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Design

Totally lucked out last week when ..... showed up on the local 'list'

Ahhh, CL...the bane of my existence. []Thus I acquired myEF 200mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]LII USM and my EF 300mm f/4<span style="color: red;"]LIS USM, both in like-new condition and both for more than 40% less than the cost of a new copy of the lens...and both while I was saving up for other lenses that were on my personal wish list.

Yet...I still check the local CL pages a few times per day - I'm a sucker for a bargain on a L-series lens. []

Great pics, and congrats on your new acquisition!

Great stuff there. I lovea bit of tilt-shift action. I've used the TSE 90mm a before and I loved it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Tnx all,.. I went to shrink the train but a timelaspe sunset was more in order. Stomped to 338kb (from 2.83 gigs, 5% of original lenght), QT:

You know when you find that sweet spot in full manual that makes your subject glow?.. this is probably OP'd for some and new territory for me as well... anyway the light was dynamic and offered great contrast (see clouds above) - f/3.5 1/200 iso 500

This is another recent favorite - 16-35mm f/2.8 (1/320 iso 400):

And a hand held moon shot (thus a bit soft), a blue moon and processed a touch as such (300+1.4mm - f/9 1/250 iso 800):

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Sorry I gotta ask, I am the first to admit that I know nothing about a tilt shift lens but is the foreground and back ground suppose to be out of focus or is this due to aperture size, as in normal lens&rsquo;s.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] The images look good apart from the out of focus bits, can someone please tell me if this is the characteristics of the lens or user preference.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Cheers Scott

That's a characteristic of the lens Scott. You can adjust the focal point and direction of the blur/out of focus areas to suit (amongst other things).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Cheers Ben, cleared it up for me.......yeah I don't like it, don't like it at all, each to there own I guess.

Scott [:P]