Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your best Mode Two pans

Re: Post your best Mode Two pans

Quote Originally Posted by rlriii13

Edited accordingly above. Thanks for the tip Jan.

Thank you, now rookies like me can learn again [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by rlriii13

Edited accordingly above. Thanks for the tip Jan.

Thank you, now rookies like me can learn again [Y]

Nice idea, but you might change the subject to something like post your best panning photo...

How very democratic of you, and the execution of the non IS shots are amazing, but I'm more interested in actual mode two captures with interesting long blurs, composition and light.

Of course all are welcome, and a 'best pan' thread is yours to start.

BTW - I also like to see techniques combined, such as a mode two strobist exposures, or a nicely done stroboscopic flash, so working with whatever you have bring it, or go get it!

-Shea

My friend's Jetta from last fall. Canon 50D w/ EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS @ 135mm 1/80 sec f/5.6 ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.66/IMG_5F00_0935-_2800_1_2900_.jpg[/img]

Looks pretty sharp there Alex. I wonder why Mark took his down? They were the finest examples so far... -S

Shea there was a reason for me to say this: "Nice idea, but you might change the subject to something like post your best panning photo..." Don't take it personal, but here is what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Design
    How very democratic of you, and the execution of the non IS shots are amazing, but I'm more interested in actual mode two captures with interesting long blurs, composition and light.

First of all, post your best topics on this forum are not personally based. They are just to show your best photos, not in particular to show to a certain person. If you've got any questions about mode 2 panning and techniques, a post your best topic isn't the way to ask such a specific question in my opinion.

Of course all are welcome, and a 'best pan' thread is yours to start.

That's about the best reason for me to say what I've said: make it a more general post your best topic. Some people might find themselves left out of the topic, while in my opinion they don't really have to. Next week some other guy starts a topic called: post your best panning without IS, the week after a new topic: post your best panning photo of a car, etc etc the end is lost in my opinion. So no I won't start a post your best panning photo topic.

I just think general types of post your best topics are the best. That's why I've said it and please don't take it to personal.[A]

Taking nothing personal here, just amused by your politics. Remember that all is transitory and these threads scroll into oblivion pretty quickly, so to insist on strict socialized protocol is pretty silly IMO. BTW - I don't have specific questions about mode two pans and was simply trying to bring value to the forum, and see what I might learn (or not) along the way.

I can only hope you will detach from your postulations as the signal to noise ratio is already compromised here.

-Shea

Remember that all is transitory and these threads scroll into oblivion pretty quickly

You haven't seen how many pages there are on let's say: Post your best protrait....Post your best bird shots...Post your best HDR...all the assignments...[]

I can only hope you will detach from your postulations as the signal to noise ratio is already compromised here.

English is not my main language so this is what I get out of it:

"I can only hope you will take distance from your commentary/opinion as there is to much talk and to little pictures here anyway."

Ok. I'm still standing by my opinion about it, but I will be ready to delete my posts to clear this thread up if you want to. It is not my intention to screw up this forum. So this thread will be a dedicated Post your best Mode Two pans again.

Please pm me in that case,

Jan

Ps: I'm also willing to answer all your questions about my political agenda if you want to continue the debate [8-|]