Thread: What is the shot worth

What is the shot worth

240 hrs in the water, malaria, parasites and a pride of lions facing you from just 20-30 feet[:#]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;"]http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35859709#35859709<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]
    Bob

Re: What is the shot worth

The guy's tough. Here is an article on him that I read earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by piiooo

The guy's tough. [url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253935/Photographer-captures-amazing-images-lions-watering-hole-submerging-months.html?ITO=1490]Here[/url] is an article on him that I read earlier.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Good article----great photos,

thanks
    Bob

Amazing shots! But honestly I couldn't do so much waiting...[:P] pffff it must be very boring for the other 269 hours without good results[A]

Hmm thinking he could never do it like 10 hours straight, so I guess 4 hours straight at a single day would be quite a long time in the water. That would make it like 90 days of shooting [:O] Those are just speculations....but it must have been quite a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Amazing shots! But honestly I couldn't do so much waiting...[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] pffff it must be very boring for the other 269 hours without good results[img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img]

Hmm thinking he could never do it like 10 hours straight, so I guess 4 hours straight at a single day would be quite a long time in the water. That would make it like 90 days of shooting [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] Those are just speculations....but it must have been quite a long time...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Not a bad guess. The article actually says that he spent 3 hours a day for 7 days a week. For 270 hours that works out to exactly 90 days. That's more time in the water than Phelps! (Probably not really, but it is definatley alot).

Great pictures though. Just goes to show you his dedication to getting great images.

Stephen

Awesome pics. I'm sure at that moment he was thinking "I should have shelled out the extra cash for the USM lens" [:P]

Now THATS a true photographer!!!!!![]

John.

[:P]

I read that article a little while ago too and thought that maybe he should have shelled out a couple bucks for somehip-wadersor something. Might have helped with that little parasite problem he encountered. Probably cost him $100 and he would have had a little more time to enjoy his photos!

I'm reversing my position on CGI. After reading about the parasites, I'm thinking photorealistic animation would have been OK. [6]