Im used to using only full frame canon cameras using at present a second hand 1DSMK3 i got one year old from a rich guy for almost %50 less than new. He must have been mad. Anyway, ive always shot full frame and love the 1D as it handles like a brick in all weathers. But, as ive just started portraits im also bitten by the wildlife bug. Now ive tried my 1D with a 1x4 and whilst the image quality is excellent, its still way of compared to APSC. I wont buy a new 1D4 as its a compromise not full frame, not APSC, all be it a good compromise but wondered if anyone had used a 7D for wildlife? The rreason i ask is my friend is a Nikon user with a D700 and D300 and goes on about how good the Nikon low light high ISO performance is compared to Canon. Ok his shots dont match my detail quite but they are very low noise and as bird shots tend to be speed speed speed high ISO performance is a must. Ive checked out the review and the 7D looks good (and ive spotted a almost new one at a third off) and its only for wildlife shots.

Mick