Thread: New Studio

New Studio

Its only temporary and time consuming and difficult to set up alone but I've built my first studio:

I accidentally ruined 8' ofpaper after it unrolled like crazy on me and creased too much and foldedon topof itself.

Also the new beta of lightroom allows me to shoottetheredso thats another plus. Before it was a pain.

I have 2 flags set up to reduce flare from the 2 background lights and I have 1 light in an umbrella for my subject light. I bought a piece of tile board for my subjects to stand on in order to preserve the paper and it also adds a nice reflection to the shots. Blending it in requires a little photoshop though...

Re: New Studio

Nice!

This past weekend I set up my seamless backdrops in a parking garage to shoot a model. We shot for 5 hours I started tearing down and the then the police showed up. He said "don't do it again."

It was pretty funny, I had my 60" Soflighter, 60" umbrella, a boom with soft box on it. The cop asked me if we were shooting for Gatorade.

Re: New Studio

<div>Forgot to mention this website was really helpful in the process:</div>
    <div>http://www.zarias.com/white-seamless-tutorial-part-1-gear-space/</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Here's a choice quote that I can now completely relate to:</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>
    Setting up the seamless is going to be the biggest pain in the arse for you. Get it on the stands about face level and roll it out to the floor until it starts to roll back on itself on the floor. Roll out as much slack as you can but don&rsquo;t allow it to wrinkle or crease. Attach an &ldquo;A&rdquo; clamp to the roll and crossbar to keep it from rolling out any more. Extend one stand up a bit. Then go to the other side and extend that up a bit. Then go back to the other side and extend that up a bit. Rinse and repeat until you get the roll all the way to the ceiling. Having another person makes it MUCH easier. You&rsquo;ll make sailors blush if you are doing this on your own. It could be an olympic sport really.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Get on a ladder and let out some more paper from the top and pull it out toward and lightly tape it to the floor. Let out some more paper and pull it back some more. Crap. Not only is it a pain to do, it is a pain to describe.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>DO NOT just let your seamless sit up there without being clamped. When that stuff starts to unroll on it&rsquo;s own, you&rsquo;ll just want to jump off a bridge at that point. Trust me. I know.
    </div>
    <div></div>