Thread: zoom blur

zoom blur

Any of you practice this style?

I belieive it's when you use a slower shutter and fixed aperture and slowy zoom out or in while taking the shot.

Re: zoom blur

I've never done it, but the speed at which you zoom would depend on the shutter speed (a relatively slow zooming motion wouldn't create nearly as much of an effect unless the shutter speed was very slow).

i think trav.cunningham posted a really nice shot on one of the other assignments....link below...

http://community.the-digital-picture.com/forums/t/2816.aspx?PageIndex=3

Practice, as in regularly, no. But I gave it a try last fall, with my daughter on the swings.

Rebel T1i, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, zooming during exposure, f/22, 1/20s, ISO100, handheld

This was about 3 weeks after I got my first dSLR; I needed a slightly longer exposure but it was too bright out - I later purchased a couple of B+W ND filters (#103/0.9 and #110/3.0) to take care of that problem.

If you have a zoom lens, just go try it!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.55/flower.jpg[/img]

With a small adjustment it adds a great softening effect.

Alan

I did this once, after a number of tries. This is looking down the throat of a red tulip. Using a 24-105 L, f/22, @ 1/8 sec, zoomed out.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.34/tulip.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Practice, as in regularly, no. But I gave it a try last fall, with my daughter on the swings.

Rebel T1i, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, zooming during exposure, f/22, 1/20s, ISO100, handheld

This was about 3 weeks after I got my first dSLR; I needed a slightly longer exposure but it was too bright out - I later purchased a couple of B+W ND filters (#103/0.9 and #110/3.0) to take care of that problem.

If you have a zoom lens, just go try it!

Tha is EXACTLY what i was talking about!

That is an amazing and awesome shot!!!!