Thread: Senior Pictures

Senior Pictures

Im just really getted started in shooting pictures for other people, I love photography and find it rewarding. This image is one I did for free fora friend, she needed senior pictures and was short on time, there were alot of nice images from the shoot at a variety of locations includeing old ruins, a mountain meadow, dowtown urban shots, and the last ones were in a lake....yes not near or by but she wanted to go in, the light wasnt good but it was fun. Let me know what you think.

40D 24-70 2.8 at 35mm 5.6f shutter speed of 1/60th

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.61/IMG_5F00_9012b.jpg[/img]

Re: Senior Pictures

You need to use fill flash. For this image, fill flash can lighten up shadow areas like her eye sockets.

I agree that the subject looks a little dark - and with her black shirt she blends into the wall a little. I have no experience using any kind of a flash, but it sounds like Sinh has a good suggestion. Do you have any other photos from the shoot to share? Sounds like you had a nice variety of locations!

My biggest hurdle to overcome is my shyness, so I end up doing a lot of portraits for friends for free. I'm hoping once I feel confident in my abilities with them that I'll actually be able to charge people.

I do have more pictures from the shoot hopefully later this evening I can post some. I intentionally made the image dark but not as dark as its appearing, I just got a new monitor because my old one crashed and havent had a change to calibrate it yet, but I do agree that alittle bit of fill flash would help.

I feel the same way Jessica, I dont feel my abilities are up to my standards and not sure if they will ever be but friends are always a joy to photograph, my sister is in a local band so hopefully sooni can do some "band cover shots" for fun.

Here is my favorite picture from the mini shoot, We were walking around the girls hometown looking for somewhere interesting and this narrow alley and iron grate caught my eye.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x900/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.61/IMG_5F00_9009ab.jpg[/img]

40D 24-70 2.8 at f 5.0 1/80th and iso 200

Wow - looks like a completely different girl! Definitely different from the ripped jeans look. Looks nice - I like the lighting on this one better. Was this shot handheld or on a tripod?

The second shot makes me dizzy. All the bars and shallow dof.... whew. The first one definitely needs help and the second is a complete turn around when it comes to quality - very nice quality of light and pose, but the bars are distracting.