Thread: 3D photography with your existing camera!

3D photography with your existing camera!

Got a newsletter from Darren Rowse at the Digital Photography School, and one of the links was this 3-D tutorial and examples. I didn't have a chance to read the tutorial yet, but I did try to utilize the images to see the 3-D effect, and it is amazing! Really impressive stuff. So, I wanted to share it with you all, too. Enjoy!

Re: 3D photography with your existing camera!

Hmmm that link isn't working for me - might be because I'm at work and it's being filtered. On a similar note - I've been watching this guy of flickr for a while who's into stereography. To be honest the photos are pretty poor in composition/ quality but the way he goes about getting these photos is unreal.

He uses 2 cameras slightly offset but pointing at the exact same spot, then walks around with a massive aluminium frame with laser triggers on it to open the shutter, fire strobes etc when an object comes into focus. All controlled by his own designed electronics. Amazing stuff - he's definately one smart cookie.

Here's the link to his flickr page if you're interested. Don't let the wind change while you're cross eyed - you might get stuck like that!!! [:S]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoopa_hs/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30