Thread: CANON XSI Print Sizes

CANON XSI Print Sizes

Hi,

I would like make posters with the pictures i took with my Canon XSI. I would like to make the print 20x30. Would this camera allow me to make prints that large? the pics are shot in RAW at 100 ISO. If not what is the largest print you would recomend on the XSI.

Thanks,

Jason

Re: CANON XSI Print Sizes

I have printed portraits with an XTi at 16x20 with very good results. I once had a portrait from this camera posted on a billboard and it looked good as well. All mine were shot in JPEG.

Print away.

Mark
    Mark

Take a image to Costco and have a poster made. They are cheap. Then see how well you like it before having a expensive print made.

I made 12x18 prints from my 8-megapixel XT with no problem, your XSi has 50% more pixel so I say PRINT AWAY [][]

Keep in mind, the larger the print the farther away the viewers have to stand to view it. Only pixel peeper photographers view a 20x30 print from 2 inches away[], the rest of the world only cares aboutthe image's mood,subject, composition and colors.

lol very good point Sinh!

Thanks for the replys!!! []

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen
    Keep in mind, the larger the print the farther away the viewers have to stand to view it. Only pixel peeper photographers view a 20x30 print from 2 inches away[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img], the rest of the world only cares aboutthe image's mood,subject, composition and colors.

That made me laugh. I once made a 12x18 print from my 8mp 1DIIN, and I thought it looked great. But when a couple of my friends came over they started looking at it from like an inch away and arguing about whether or not they could see pixelation artifacts.

*Normal* people, however.... different story

I just did a rough calculation.

A typical 24" monitor (1920x1080) is just under 100 pixels per inch, so a square inch of screen has 10,000 pixels.

An XSI print at 30x20" would be about 150 dots per inch, so a square inch of photo would have 22,500 dots.

The print would be 36" diagonal. Imagine the extra viewing distance required to see a 36" screen over a 24" one.

The added viewing distance along with the double resolution over a typical monitor should prove to be more than sharp enough. Do you think you'd notice an issue with half a pixel on your screen when viewed from several feet away. I agree with everyone, PRINT AWAY!
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

When you have yourbig printmake sure youstay an inch away and shake your fist and stomp your feet how you should have used f/8 instead of f/11 because of diffraction....[]

Your XSi will be fine, print away!

John.

Just ordered my prints from Snapfish. When i Loaded my pics it says res might be too low.. but i did it anyway. Fingers cross!!

Thanks again for the replys!!