Thread: Okay, how do you...

Okay, how do you...

This is my first season with pollen. How in the world do you swap lenses out and keep the pollen/dust out. There has got to be some trick to removing a lens and covering both sensor and lens withlittle wasted movementand almost no"open time". Do you have covers/caps in both hands between your index and middle finger while holding the camera/lens more with the palms?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Re: Okay, how do you...

I second this question... I always avoid swapping lenses in the open. When ever I can, I carry two bodies with the glass I think I will be using or swap lenses inside my car or a building (some buildings are not so clean!!!). I always try to keep the camera bodies facing down and keep the rear lens cap at hand as to cover theexposedrear element as fast as I can. It will beinterestingto hear from others to shoot in the field all the time.

I don't worry. I just switch when I have to even if I'm outside. I do it as fast as I can.

I used to get way too much dust on my sensor, and just had to clean it once in a while.

With self cleaning sensors, I've had little to no trouble with dust.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle
    I don't worry. I just switch when I have to even if I'm outside. I do it as fast as I can.

I second Jon Ruyle. Of course I won't do it next to a motorcrossgame or something or at least at a place where wind is in the good direction [] Oh and I never have my body turned with the mount facing the sky while changing lenses.

To be honest, I think my stuff would gather more dust when I change my lenses in my room than in the open field [:P]