Thread: 5D Mk II and Adobe Bridge

5D Mk II and Adobe Bridge

G'day all,

I'm having an issue that the all knowinginterweb hasn't solved for me yet [:O] SoI thought I'd get in touch with the brains trust.

I typically use Adobe Bridge to preview my RAW files before moving them to Adobe Raw/ Lightroom 2/ Photoshop CS4. With files from the new 5D Mk II I can't preview them in bridge, instead a generic .CR2 icon shows up and the previews won't load.

I was having issues with not being able to open the RAW files in CS4 as well but I fixed that by replacing the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin 4.1.1.

I still can't view the files in Adobe Bridge though and it's an important part of my workflow. I've run the update utility and am running the latest iteration of bridge.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Re: 5D Mk II and Adobe Bridge

Hey Ben,

I have been using Camera Raw 5.6 plugin without any issues viewing/editing my 5DII raw files in CS4 Adobe Camera Raw and Bridge. Hope this work for you.

Pete

Re: 5D Mk II and Adobe Bridge

Thanks Pete - I reinstalled the Canon disk that came with the camera and all seems to be working now. Albeit a lot slower with the larger file sizes.

Cheers, Ben.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30