Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Content Aware Fill: Pretty amazing

Content Aware Fill: Pretty amazing

I was messing around in Photoshop CS5 today and made a little before and after using content aware fill. All you do is make a really loose outline around the thing you want to remove and press delete. Its pretty amazing stuff for less than 5 seconds of action on my part:

before

after

Re: Content Aware Fill: Pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by crosbyharbison
    I was messing around in Photoshop CS5

I didn't know it was released yet! [:O] haha I saw a video of this content aware before, really cool! Looks like Adobe is sick of all bad photographs and wants to make everything solvable these days [:P]

Really cool feature and I love how it worked out in your photo. Also see a very great potential in romiving distracting features from a photo. How does it look at 100% if I may ask?

Anyway have fun with CS5!

Jan

That really is amazing... I wonder if I can do that in CS4 [:S]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Nice one, I already saw the movies with this, and frist I thought, black magic! But if you look closer you can easily spot were it cloned, it's just a quick automated area clone tool plus perhaps some heal as well.

Now I'm not saying it isn't great, because it is great! It will save me heaps of time with design and retouch work and surely create some nice new opportunities.

Cheers for showing this again! )

I am able to see only one (after?) photograph, checked on 2 computers at work.

Quote Originally Posted by piiooo
    I am able to see only one (after?) photograph, checked on 2 computers at work.

I saw them both earlier today, but now I'm just seeing the after. I tried refreshing a few times, but it didn't help.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Oh yes! Very nice....I knew they'd improved on the CA scaling from
    CS4 but now it's truly a quick process. You did that with one quick selection and a button-press? That is quite awesome!

and maybe the poster
    earlier can "easily see where" it was cloned but I can't. If
    I concentrate on the sand and the weeds (flowers?) in the mid-ground I can see
    some weirdness going on - because I'm looking for it.

Where
    is that btw? Looks beautiful out there, a little like Big Sur...

Quote Originally Posted by canoli
    and maybe the poster
    earlier can "easily see where" it was cloned but I can't

Me neither [:P] To be honest if I never saw the original I wouldn't notice at all that the second was "fake". I still am curious at how it looks at 100% though, how smooth is it?[A]

I could only see one pic this afternoon at work (it was "after") and now I see "before". It's really amazing and unbelievable.

However, waht I guess from the original photo is that the path is bending to the right though we can't see because of the right person. Then, I think CS5 doesn't realize this and just put the flowers after removing the person giving the look of dead end to the path.

Well...this is because I can compare with the original pic and try really to find things which look weird. Anyhow, it's wonderful to see what one can do with it. Thanks for sharing!!!

Here are three more. I'll be honest It doesn't work that great on every picture but for small things its almost flawless:

notice how it didn't just erase the person but added illuminated dust just like the other headlights.

for something small its almost flawless

for larger things its a little harder and will require more touch ups later.

I believe there was a question as to where the first pic is from? Its from a backpacking trip on santa cruz island, CA.

Both of theoriginalpictures are working for me at this moment...