Thread: Does this work?

Does this work?

The idea was to have the reflections in the windshield complement the image and give the subject a bit more mystique. Is this a good photo or trying too hard? Many thanks.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.42.78/Jen1.jpg[/img]

Re: Does this work?

I suppose the somewhat opaqueness of the glass (a result of its reflection) adds the the mystique and requires me to stare longer at the subject to take in the detail.

Sorry doesn't work for me. Maybe something different in the reflection would work, I'd keep trying though.

It's very obvious that she's in a car. What's the significance of the car? If there is none, I might try using some different windows, or maybe just crop out the car indicators.

Thanks everyone, your comments are really helpful to a newbie. Looking at it the day after, I agree the window serves as more a distraction than anything else. Will keep trying - thanks.

Craig

I like reflections off of glass better than this image where the image is coming through the glass...just me.

When I first saw the picture, I instantly thought "TV". I mean, I've seen this angle a lot in film (cinema), but not in photography. I do like the idea though, but perhaps the glass is a little too opaque for my taste. While I'm rolling with the movies idea, maybe it would have been better to include the reflection as a part of the subject? Right now it seems to distract...