Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Part of) a fashion thing I did @ school

Re: (Part of) a fashion thing I did @ school

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

(PS: I like the calmness in that photo. Its a nice shot!)

</div>

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison

Technically speaking Leibovitz light is VERY different from yours, so it's more of a starting point than a replication. Avedon light is very precise. If/when you nal it: it is very specific in terms of how it casts shadows. Not hard to learn but harder to get right ALL the time.

I'm talking about the stuff she shot for the GAP specifically. Not all her stuff especially not her most recent. Wasn't really trying to intentionally replicate it though.

Great job Madison. Wardrobe, model, pose, lighting--you married the elements so that the image is both striking and captivating.

Keith: look at the shadows on Lucy Liu and look at the shadows on the photo you took. Very different. The location of the light relative to the model and the lens is different. (That doesnt mean you didnt take a very nice picture, because you most certainly did. But in school, we are taught to pay meticulous attention to shadows and their characteristics to find out how something was lit: since I started doing that, I look at pictures more differently and it's really helping me learn stuff. So this is why I thought I'd mention it).

I like the dominant mid-grey tones of that image a lot.

From the same shoot. Not sure about this to be honest. Can't put my finger on it. It's the scream. I needed it to be more raw. And the pose doesn't work. I thought it'd turn out freakier than this. This has to much of a 'look at me having fun being weird' factor in it.

Do you agree?