Thread: Wedding I did recently...

Wedding I did recently...

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/IMG_5F00_1685_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/IMG_5F00_1566.jpg[/img]

Re: Wedding I did recently...

Nice work Sean. I like how you took the heart-shaped ring shadows one step further - two of them.

That's really neat, I like that. I would have expected the typical wedding scripture (1 Cor 13, "Love is patient, love is kind...").

Neither myself or my assistant are biblical scholars (or go to church regularly for that matter). I grew up going to church 3 times a week, but that was a long time ago. We kind of flipped through to see what we could find (even used the word index to try to find ideas), but after about 10 minutes of searching I simply settled on to the middle of the bible and making sure there wasn't anything odd (given the circumstances) written on the page. Next time I'll do a little more research beforehand to have a good scripture ready (thank you for the suggestion).

This is a nice shot of an 'old faithful' scene setter. It still works!
    Owner of Deevers Photography. If you have some time, visit my website at deeversphoto.com.

Some people ask when they see it, "Oh, did you think of that all by yourself?!" I have to sheepishly say, "I'm not that creative...it's been done a couple of times before..." *wink*

This is off-topic, but the wedding was Nov 22, and I've yet to see the other half of the payment. I told the groom (a friend of mine) he wouldn't get the pics until I saw the other 50% of the money he owed me. So far, no check. However, I think his new wife has been in his ear a bit lately and I'll see the money pretty soon. ;-)

The two photos are very nice and clean, but the first one is a tad too red for me on my screen

Great photos i really like the rings shot!

I'm colorblind, so that's very possible. ;-)

I really struggle with colorbalance, so I try to do very little with it. I've shot with a gray card before, but I've found that people like a little artificial warmth to their skintone. That said, I'm not sure what I did with the white balancing on this one...

You might have more success using a GretaMacbeth color checker card and setting up a custom ICC profile for your camera. I hadn't thought about the difficulty of shooting color blind. Sounds tough. Nice pics, by the way.