Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shutter Count 5D?

Re: Shutter Count 5D?

Quote Originally Posted by canoli
    What can you (we?) get for a 40D nowadays?

I have friend who just bought one for $450.00. That's quite a depreciation in value. craigslist can be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee
    craigslist can be brutal

Depends on what you mean, and how attentive you are. I've had good luck here - I bought two lenses from CL (a 300mm f/4L IS and a200mm f/2.8L II), and I got very good deals on them. Such good deals, that when I later re-sold those two lenses on the same CL board (after using them for a few months and deciding to replace them with new 100-400mm and 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II lenses), I made a profit of >$300 (combined) from reselling the two lenses... [:#]

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee
    craigslist can be brutal

Atpushing prices for camera gear down. [*-)][^o)]

True. Case in point from my local CL - a 3 month old EF 14mm f/2.8L MkII for $1400 (1/3 off list price!).

Hi!

I also bought a 5D and wanted to get the number of the shots taken with it. After some extensive research I found out, that all you need is a USB cable and the right software, which you can't get however, because only authorised service partners have it. Not even large dealers, only official Canon service partners.

So, the only way to find out the number of shots is to take your camera to your nearest Canon Service partner (find the addresses from your local Canon website, feel lucky if the next partner is just around the corner, mine was 300km away...) and have him print a service report including the number of the shots. Good news is, this is done in a mintute and I was not charged a cent.

Enjoy the camera, mine is excellent.

By the way: I bought my 5D used from ebay, the seller said it was used as a "backup camera" only with very few frames taken. Well, it turned out it were 48.000, nearly 1/2 of what it is built for. So, with this service report I returned the camera. The seller said he was not aware of it and pretended to be sorry... but he happily took it back. Bought a new one from amazon then...