Hello all,

I am in the middle of putting together my "odds & ends" list of things I need to buy and I have a few questions ...

1. Canon Tripod Mount Ring D - $199.95!!! Please tell me there is something cheaper out there that will work just as well with my 100mm f/2.8L IS lens! I want to be able to use my tripod with a flash bracket attached.

2. I have all the various M-#'s Wimberley brackets for macro and telephoto but am thinking of getting the M-7 Flash Flipper -does anyone use this & if so, does it work ok for you? I find the Wimberley macro set-up pretty cumbersome and heavy but yet it gets the job done. Or should I just get the Manfrotto 233B Camera Mount Flash Bracket? Can you still attach the camera to your tripod using it or do I need to buy something else? I have the PU-60 attached to my camera and I have an Wimberley M-8 perpendicular plate.

3. Acratech Universal "L" Bracket - Can this still be used with a battery grip (if I decide to get one)?

4. I am still considering getting the Canon Macro twin lite flash. It is the Adapter 67 I would need to get, correct? Also, someone on Amazon mentioned the lens cap that came with the lens (E67U) won't work then & I would need the E-58U lens cap. Does anyone know for sure that this is true? ERRR...there is so much, if you buy this, you will need that!

5. I still need to purchase a filter for my 85mm f/1.8 lens that I just bought. I'm going to get a UV filter but I am also considering an ND filter for it and for my other lenses. I've never bought or used an ND filter before. Would a B+W ND 0.9-8x filter be good for the 85mm and 17-55mm lensand 0.6-4x for my 24-105mm & 100-400mm lenses?

6. Lumodi Beauty Dish - Good choice? Bad choice? Any others (in that price range) you would recommend for Canon flash?

Ok, that's enough questions for one night! [:P] Thank you so very, very much in advancefor any advice you can provide.

Denise

P.S. Oops...one last question, is the sun ever going to shine and is it ever going to warm up in Wisconsin???!!! I had to turn my heat on in MAY! [st] [8o|][um]