Thread: Photo Critique Please

Photo Critique Please

Hi all, I am always looking for input on composition, lighting,etc... so i would like to present one picture that I recently took that i like. Some may find it boring though but I really like it for some reason. Well enough with the words and on to the picture

Re: Photo Critique Please

I find it interesting and well-composed. However, I think it might have looked better with a shallower depth of field (optimally, that the background plane had been farther away...practically speaking, that you had used a wider aperture to throw the background plane into a more creamy bokeh--recognizable, but not as distracting).

nice shot...........P-51 mustangs if i am not mistaken.......i agree with sean, the composition is great, but a shallower DOF to throw the background mustang a touch blurier (is that a word? lol) would make it an outstanding shot.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069
    a touch blurier (is that a word? lol)

Well, it's better than "bokehier." But, I definitely agree with the sentiment!

First of all: GREAT SHOT!! I'm a bit of an airplane-fan so I always like photos of em.

Quote Originally Posted by g0_command0
    Some may find it boring though but I really like it for some reason

Probably the same reason why a lot of people here have a hard time telling their relatives they want to buy expensive gear, they don't get it [:P] Explain to your girlfriend what is so beautiful about a specific car etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by g0_command0
    Hi all, I am always looking for input on composition, lighting,etc... so i would like to present one picture that I recently took that i like

I like pretty much everything except for the harsh reflection on the propellor. It makes the propellor "pop-out" and my guess is that that isn't your intended main-subject. If you could do anything about that so the plane itself gets more credit in the photo it would do a lot of good in my opinion.

Jan

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions. I'll definately keep those in mind the next time i get a similar oppurtunity. Heres a similar shot i took that focus's more onto the plane in the foreground. Im not too sure of it

Cool shot! I agree with Jan; when I first looked at it, my eye went to the cockpit, but then I instantly looked at the propeller (brightest thing in the picture).

Bogdan

PS: Oh boy I just saw all the "kill marks" on the side of the plane [:S]