Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Assignment 9: Less is More

Re: Assignment 9: Less is More

<h2>Congratulations, Colin 500!</h2>

Great pic!

In addition to the praise of your fellow TDPers, it's time for you to start thinking of a topic for Assignment 10...

Let us know when Assignment 10 is up! I want to take part in it!

Well done Colin (and everyone else for that matter). Looking forward to the next one.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Congratulations, Colin 500!

</div>

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Well done Colin (and everyone else for that matter). Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks everybody! I'm quite flattered by this result -- and somewhat surprised, after all, there were some other really nice pictures...

Anyhow, these assignments are fun, both the shooting and the sharing; now give me a day or two to think of a new assignment, got to check on what we already had.

Btw, my picture was taken in Passignano sul Trasimeno, Italy, pretty much on the first occasion it stopped raining after I got my 5D2 (great camera), the missing details: EF 24-70 f/2.8, 28mm, f/8, 1/160s, ISO 1600, RAW with some levels adjusted in Aperture.

(In order to keep a develop more of a feeling for the focal length, I often don't use a zoom as continuous zoom, i.e. in 95% of all cases I'll set the 24-70 to one of 24/28/35/50/70 or the 70-200 to one of 70/100/135/200...)

Cheers, Colin

Hi Folks!

I hope I don't sound like I'm beating a dead horse here, but...

I'm brand new to contributing to TDP forums (although I've been following along for a short while) and I would love if someone would entertain one more photo taken by a budding photography enthusiast. I'm posting this in hopes of receiving any constructive criticism/comments that may either validate or improve my results. I felt it more appropriate to post it on this thread as opposed to starting a brand new one. Thanks again!

Iskodet

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x1200/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.66/Tires.jpg[/img]

Canon Rebel XS, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, 24mm, f/2.8, 1/2000, ISO 200

Welcome Iskodet!

I can say immediately that I would find your picture a very worthy contestant! Unfortunately your a bit too late haha else you might have chosen as a finalist and maybe more [:P]

To be honest I can't really comment on this photo, what do you want to hear? I like the shot, the vague but still visible background, the simple but nice subject, good composition...

Only thing to mention is that your horizon is slightly angled. I'm not sure if a straight horizontal horizon would be better, but 9/10 times it just looks better.

Simple photo=simple comment []

Enjoy your time here!

Jan

Ps: Colin...any ideas for the next assignment yet?? [A]

asn 10 should be street photography!

i say next assigment: music!

Thanks Jan!

I appreciate both the kind words and the suggestion. I'm not sure how I missed the horizon being slightly off-kilter, but I suppose that's all part of training one's eye when evaluating photos! I promise to provide a more complex photo next time for people to sink their teeth into...and therefore have more to critique!

Thanks again for your time and your help!

Iskodet