Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fail to see the humor in this but ...

I fail to see the humor in this but ...

Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I'd share this little story since everyone (but me) seems to find it funny and I have always lived my life with the philosophy that if I can make at least one person laugh, my day is complete!

My office is right next to a heavily wooded area so yesterday, I brought my gear to work to take bird pictures during lunch. As I stood at the edge of our yard in front of the line of treesI hear rustling above my head and as I lift my 100-400mm lens to take a photo, a bird decides he DOES NOT want his photo taken and does quite a number right on the top of my head! Two seconds later, and it would have been on my nose instead but as I stood there, wanting nothing more than to take back the last 5 seconds of my life ...I stared at the office door NOT wanting to go back in there! [+o(]

Sure enough, my boss and the rest of the engineers (I work with all guys)found this hilarious and I have earned a new nickname amongst them ...$hi+head! [:$]

Anyone know if Adorama sells photographer helmets!?

Have a great day and have fun shooting!!

Denise

Re: I fail to see the humor in this but ...

That is horrible luck and I can imagine how it would be entertaining for your coworkers. I think a self portrait would be needed to bring us the joy that your coworkers experienced.

I hope you were able to get sufficiently cleaned up to finish the day at work in comfort.

As they say ...it happens!

(I can't believe you posted this without a pic!)
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Hey atleast nothing landed on the lens. That would have sucked

hahahahahahah, im laughing with you! because i've had a similar thing happen to me.

couple years ago i was on a first date with a lovely lady walking downtown victoria, b.c where i live and theres these planters hung above the sidewalks in certain parts of the city.

all of the sudden i feel that cold SPLAT on my head, i was so confused at first but then realized i had been hit lol. I was so embarrassed but it kinda made the date go easier cause of the humour.

death from above watch out! hahaha

If you had a pic of this it would probably have been posted in the "Post your best bird shots!" thread! []

And yes it does happen... sadly to me as well (not on my head luckily though)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig A

Hey atleast nothing landed on the lens. That would have sucked
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you so much for resurrecting this thread, Craig! Appreciate it &lt;tough in cheek&gt;!
    Yes, I guess now that you mention it, It could have been worse than landing on my head!
    Can you imagine if I ever wanted to sell my 100-400mm (which will never happen) ...the ad would read "Only pooped on once"! [:P]

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by canon-ball

hahahahahahah, im laughing with you! because i've had a similar thing happen to me.

couple years ago i was on a first date with a lovely lady walking downtown victoria, b.c where i live and theres these planters hung above the sidewalks in certain parts of the city.

all of the sudden i feel that cold SPLAT on my head, i was so confused at first but then realized i had been hit lol. I was so embarrassed but it kinda made the date go easier cause of the humour.

death from above watch out! hahaha
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I am definitely more cautious (and paranoid now)! BTW - Did you ever get a second date w/ her!?

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811
    (I can't believe you posted this without a pic!)

I can't believe the guys I work w/ didn't take a picture &amp; post it in the company newsletter!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I can't believe the guys I work w/ didn't take a picture &amp; post it in the company newletter!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Front page headline!