Thread: Backdrops

Backdrops

I have had mixed success with backdrops.

I have black, white, faded blue, and a old world type of brown black.

I need a gray backdrop for a black and white wedding I am doing in a few weeks.

Anyone have a favorite or recommended brand of backdrop, or site to order from

Savage, Infinity, Westcott, Sytem pro

I need a 10x20 to get full length and a small group

Ideas needed

Thank you

Re: Backdrops

No idea. Hopefully someone does, though. :-)

Re: Backdrops

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 8pt;"]G'day<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 8pt;"]I use a variety of backdrops in my studio setting, ie with studio lights with pleasing results to me and my clients.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] The best tip I can give is distance, I don&rsquo;t know why it is but as soon as you put up a backdrop and place someone in front of it they want to stand a foot away from it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Place some tape or a mark on the ground where you want them to stand, saves repeating yourself fifty times. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]This will do a few things, it will decrease / stop shadows on the backdrop (depending on what strobes / lights you have) and secondly it will hide those creases you can&rsquo;t get out.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I use Muslin backdrops, because I like them, and I place my subject approx. three meters at least (10 feet) from the backdrop.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Aperture setting around the f/4 &ndash; 5.6 mark for a couple and f/8 at least for a group, usually more.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Hope this helps you a bit.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 8pt;"]Scott<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 8pt;"]An Ozzie web site you can look at for information is http://imagemelbourne.com.au/<o></o>