Thread: Trying my friend's Sigma 15mm f 2.8 Fisheye lens. Feel free to comment...file #2

Trying my friend's Sigma 15mm f 2.8 Fisheye lens. Feel free to comment...file #2

Tv(Shutter Speed)
    1/200Sec.
    Av(Aperture Value)
    F3.2
    Exposure Compensation
    ISO Speed

Post processing for B&W was made in Photoshop CS3. Thanks for your time guys.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.63/sammy-.jpg[/img]
    CAMERA : Canon 7D, Canon BG-E7 battery-grip
    LENSES : Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM
    ACCESORIES : LowePro pro messenger AW 160, B+W Filters.

Re: Trying my friend's Sigma 15mm f 2.8 Fisheye lens. Feel free to comment...file #2

Very good use of that wide of a lens! nice crop too.

Re: Trying my friend's Sigma 15mm f 2.8 Fisheye lens. Feel free to comment...file #2

I really like the composition, especially the way the blured foreground leads one's eye into the picture. However, I am with Bryan when it comes to people pictures using a wide angle lens.

"While there is no law against taking pictures of people with the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens, they better be self-secure, fun-loving and smaller than you if they are going to see the results from close shots! You can make monsters out of your angels. Everything that sticks out will be greatly enlarged - especially noses."

In this case my eye goes right to the little guys hands which seem larger than usual because of the lens.

My $.02.

Unfortunately, I agree with the previous post about the hands (that can be fixed with a lot of PS work), but they don't really detract from the overall charm of the comp. Well done. I'm wonder whether toning down the light source from the window on the right slide (mask, horizontal gradient) might balance out the vertical contrast and allow the viewer to concentrate on the overall comp.

Even so, it's a great shot. I like it.

Thanks for your time guys, I really appreciate the commentaries I've read so far.By the way,I have to agree with you on the 'big hands' problem. At first, I haven't realise this could be a problem because I just didnt see it on the first analysis. That said, I have to admit that I'm not a pro of Photoshop, so I guess it will be just like it is...

For those wondering what equipment I'm using, it was a Canon XTI body with battery grip, and a Sigma 15mm f2.8 Fisheye lense. It was the first day of shooting with the lense since I've traded this lense for a couple of weeks with a friend of mine. I traded it with a Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro. Dont worry, I'ts only for a week or two !

Thanks again guys, and sorry for my English. French is my first spoken language.

tu as vraiment un don pour les portraits. J'ai lu ta bio. Vise plut^ot un meilleur appareil, un 5d d'occasion, par example, ce qui t'ouvrira les plaisirs du 85 f/2 et du 135 f/2 L. Personne ne me fera croire qu'un objectif d'une focale de 50 s'apprète bien aux portraits uniquement parce que le capteur est plus petit.

Amitiés,

Merci Stefan. Efectivement, je regarde pour un 5D d'occasion comme tu me l'as suggéré !