Quote Originally Posted by Brendan7

And BTW, the 7D DOES do 95% of what the 1D4 does. It's all about how important that 5% is to you (are you going to dump your camera in frozen seawater, do you need 10fps instead of 8fps, etc).
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Point taken Brendan. As nice as weather sealing is, I am either inside or out in good weather. In addition the 6+fps of my 50D was one of the things that was not worth the jump to the 7D, to me. I realize the difference to the 1D MkIV is $3000, and it is the 5% I am considering.

As it stands now I am always the father with the best camera. Sometimes, I have a better camera than the pro selling the photo package, like at my daughter's dance studio. I walked in to take some photos of the girls in their show costumes with my 50D/24-70 L and the hired-by-the-studio pro had a T1i/tamron. I realize good images can be made from this combination, but until I am using a 1 series I think the guy selling the photos should have gear at or better than mine. BTW, I made a quick photo shop image of my daughter and her friend with the group in between and printed a 8x10 for each of the girls and the quality of mine is better than his. And that is not just my opinion, it is my daughter's friends mother's.

Chris