Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What did you shoot? May 31 through June 6...

Re: What did you shoot? May 31 through June 6...

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum. I've really enjoyed reading all of the interesting discussions and I thought I would like to join in.

The photos below were taken at the 2010 Jones Beach Memorial Day Air Show.

All of the Photos were taken with a Canon EOS 7D and a Canon EF 300mm 2.8L IS with a 1.4x II teleconverter, hand held. The photos were all taken right on the Beach near the water.

I mostly used Shutter Priority ISO 100 which worked to be between f4 or f5 at 1/640sec and 1/1000 of a sec. I tried to use the lower shutter speed for the props. I also used Auto White Balance with + 2/3 to +1 Exposure Compensation.

Comments or Critiques are more than welcome.

Rich

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/Chevron-Vertical.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/Blue-Angels-Solo-Banking.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/Blue-Angels-Quad-Formation.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/Blue-Angels-Mirror-Image.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/Blue-Angels-Leader.jpg[/img]

Thanks for Looking!

Rich

Nice ones of the Blue Angels Rich, at which airshow were they taken?

Thanks Brendan,

Oh..., I'm sorry..., I forgot to add Jones Beach is in New York on the South Shore of Long Island. It's become an Annual event and this was my first Air Show taking Pictures. I recently purchased the 300 2.8 and the guys at the Camera Store were talking about the Air Show, so I thought I would give it a try.

Rich

Here's a late addition to this thread...it was shot on June 5, but I finally finished the post-processing on the wedding (and I promised myself I wouldn't post any of the shots until I had everything done).

Canon 7D, 17-55 f/2.8 IS

White Lightning X2400 camera left diffused by a white umbrella, 1 shoe-mount flash (low power) bare camera right.