Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong with my lens or camera?

Re: What is wrong with my lens or camera?

I concur that it is a dirty sensor. I had the same problems before myself. It doesn't matter that you've never taken the lens off b/c dust can get into all sorts of places regardless. I believe I ended up using a lenspen sensor cleaner and giottos rocket blower to get my sensor clean. good luck!

you have a very dirty sensor, and this is normal. Let me guess, the first image was shot at around f/16 to f/22 and the 2nd image was shot at around f/11 to f/16?. Try to shoot at largeraperture and you'll see a noticeble difference. As far as cleaning your sensor, sometimes blowing it with a blower will not eliminate the stubborn spots,hence you need to try other approaches like sending the camera to Canon for a cleaning or do-it-yourself cleaning. Just google sensor cleaning and you should find many tips. Also keep in mind that even though you never remove your lens from the camera, dust can be created by moving parts like mirrors and shutter. Another way is to use the dust deleting program that comes with your DPP software. Good luck and don't scrub![]

Quote Originally Posted by csphua

Will camera body develop fungus? I normally hear people mention fungus in lens, will fungus grow inside camera body? In my case, will the fungus spread from my lens to my camera body? Also curious will fungus spread from one lens to another?

The reason why fungus grows on a lens is because it can utilize the lens coating for food. This may or may not be possible with fungus inside the body but I would be more concerned with corrosion inside the body with all that condensation. Especially with circuit boards and current from the battery.

It might be a good idea to contact Canon and see what they would recommend and how much it would cost.

As mentioned before, this looks like sensor dust.

To determine this is indeed the case you can take pictures of a even lit area (clear blue sky is best) with aperture 22, one fully zoomed out and one fully zoomed in or if you have a second lens take one with that one also. Download to your computer and see if the spots are on the same place.

If yes -> sensor dust. To be cleaned with swabs and fluid or if you are not trusting yourself on this, have it cleaned at a shop. Do not mess around with this, you can do damage to your cam.

Cleaning your sensor is normal maintenance, sometimes have to
    perform it daily. If I had to change lenses in bad conditions on my
    5Dmk1

N.B. be aware that not all dust blowers produce dust free air and produce more specs on the sensor, better to use tools designed to clean your sensor like SensorBrush