Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my new lens....24-70L, Yay!

Just got my new lens....24-70L, Yay!

I was kind of waiting for a long time, hoping there would be an IS version, but finally gave up. My hands are not as steady so IS would have been nice, but perhaps I will get used to it. I took a few test shots...it's been hot outside so outdoor was tough...and indoor my dogs were not cooperative. So tomorrow is going to be a photo-shoot. I am so excited, this lens renders such beautiful colors right off camera, and if not for the heft, this would be the perfect lens. Now I have my 10-22, 24-70L f2.8 and 70-200L f4 in addition to my 50/1.4. I think I am set for a while...or at least until I come to some more money [:'(]

Re: Just got my new lens....24-70L, Yay!

Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing some photos!

Denise

You've got the whole reach! Now all you need is a 300mm f/2.8 to complete your kit and you're set! []

I keep hearing that an IS version is due this year or next year...

Great choice BES. I have the 24-70mm as well and it's on my camera 90% on the time nowadays. You've got a nicely streamlined kit there - keeps things simple and allows you to learn everything about your gear before deciding to purchase something new.

My kit's pretty similar actually (the stuff that I use regularly anyway. 40D, 5D Mk II, 10-22mm, 50mm f/1.8 II, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/4L IS.

Have fun!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89

You've got the whole reach! Now all you need is a 300mm f/2.8 to complete your kit and you're set! [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I keep hearing that an IS version is due this year or next year...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

LOL, of course...why did i not think about it....now you made me pine for another hand breaking lens I need a caddy to carry for me, LOL. You are too funny. I did think about waiting for IS, but finally gave up. It has been a rumor for so long...if it finally comes up, I may think if it will make a difference for me. I took some shots today with my mildly cooperative dogs today and OHHHHH, the colors, I love...or perhaps I am getting better...NOT. It just must be the lens, I am sure. I must justify spending all this money, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Great choice BES. I have the 24-70mm as well and it's on my camera 90% on the time nowadays. You've got a nicely streamlined kit there - keeps things simple and allows you to learn everything about your gear before deciding to purchase something new.

My kit's pretty similar actually (the stuff that I use regularly anyway. 40D, 5D Mk II, 10-22mm, 50mm f/1.8 II, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/4L IS.

Have fun!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Yeah...you have a kit almost like mine, except you also have 5D, which may be on my list sometime in the future when I rob the bank or get a raise....this mortgage thing is not helping me with my hobby[:'(]

Congarts on your new lens! []
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Congratulations, BES!

Quote Originally Posted by BES
    I was kind of waiting for a long time, hoping there would be an IS version, but finally gave up.

As much as I would have liked the IS I got mine with the winter round of rebates and have not regretted it. I had a little back focus, but AF Microadjustment took care of that. You can miss a lot of images waiting for something which may or may not be released. Live for the moment, within your means of course.

Enjoy,

Chris

Well if the 300mm needs a caddy then clearly the 1200mm will need 2!

Yeah I'm looking forward to get my 24-70 when I can scrape enough pennies together to get it. (being a student sucks!)

Of course it's all you!!!! (This little bit of encouragement helping? lol)

Have fun with your new lens BES! Make sure you'll post some super-shots here []

Quote Originally Posted by BES
    Now I have my 10-22, 24-70L f2.8 and 70-200L f4 in addition to my 50/1.4. I think I am set for a while...or at least until I come to some more money [:'(]
    <div>

Looks like you covered a pretty wide range of lenses, you should be fine. Better invest in locations to go or something and enjoy what you have. Believe me there's always something better available [A]

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    Yeah I'm looking forward to get my 24-70 when I can scrape enough pennies together to get it. (being a student sucks!)

Being a student rules!!! I bet we've got more time to enjoy whatever lenses and camera's we have than eny of the working guys and girls around here [] In the end it's all about the photos(or video [])you take, not the gear you use...

Jan
    </div>