Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Assignment 10: Darkness

Re: Assignment 10: Darkness

Great entries everyone. Here is my submission. Darkness is scary.

Canon 50D + Tamron 28-75 2.8 @ 68mm 1/80" f8 ISO-100 Strobist info: One 580exII 1/32 Camera Left shot through 1.5 inch grid Triggered by CTR-301p.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Justin T

Here is my entry

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.43.91/IMG_5F00_0181.jpg[/img]

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

this is interesting image, what is it? endoscope image? or some sort of virus?

This is actually a picture of a "Koosh Ball" toy as seen though the end of a paper towel roll. Interesting, isn't it? []

Quote Originally Posted by Justin T

This is actually a picture of a "[url="http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&amp;q=koosh%20ball&amp;um=1&amp;ie=UT F-8&amp;source=og&amp;sa=N&amp;tab=wi]Koosh Ball[/url]" toy as seen though the end of a paper towel roll. Interesting, isn't it? [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Justin, no wonder it looks like a image taken with a microscope or endoscope, cool![]

Some of my snaps

and out of darkness

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.55/fire.jpg[/img]

Just took this one on the weekend - thought it fit well (even though the closed date has passed.)

Hi Everybody, I just finished selecting the finalists, and wanted to say that, although I was a bit apprehensive about choosing "Darknesss" as subject, I'm now quite pleased that I did -- and quite impressed by all the submissions! So a definitive "thumbs up", and thank you, to all that participated!

And with so many great photos, selecting the finalists for the voting wasn't easy. I tried to put photographic quality, creativity, and "level of darkness" into the equation, plus having a wide range of rather different images, although sometimes it seemed that I might as well have flipped a coin...

Anyhow, thanks to "Whatsreal" the vote should be open soon, and I'm already looking forward to the next assignment ;-)

Ciao, Colin

Thanks Colin, looking forward to the finalists you have chosen! Let the voting begin!

Hello Colin,

After the voting ends I would like to know your opinion of each photos (or at least of each of finalists)separately.

I hope you will be able to block some time for that

Thanks

As Colin said the excellent posts have been narrowed down a little to 8 finalists. You can vote in the first post in this thread between now and Thursday. Good job to all who participated.