Thread: Feedback on my new website

Feedback on my new website

Hi Guys

can I have some feed back on my new web site

http://www.peterboroughphotography.com/blog/wordpress/

Re: Feedback on my new website

Let me start by saying I am by no means a web professional or expert. I do like your website. The one part I don't seem to care for as much is the large section on the right side. It is the section with Contacts, Search, Tag Cloud, and Recent Posts.

I would like to see that removed and the categories rearranged if they are needed. The Tag Cloud part in particular takes away from the professionalism of the website, at least to me.

Braden

Hi!

Sorry, I am a bad guy today

1) I would prefer to see the whole home page at once, without scrolling it down. I use Opera browser, your home page is a bit too big for it.

2) Please, pay attention - letter "h" is missing in the word Peterborough in the left lower corner.

3) English is not my native as you can see. But something tells me the style (wording) could be better.

4) The font of the site is not something to remember.

5) I wonder - how long does it take to input 45 signs of your site name into browser?

6) If you want people think you are a professional in photography, IMO you need a website designed by a professional web designer.

That all for now.

The pictures on website are good.

I am not that negative, the pictures were nice, and the lay-out was pleasant. I am also not a native english user, so I will not comment on language issues. I better improve my own english before I start correcting the British.

When I clicked around, the web-site automatically resized my browser window (Firefox). I would prefer not, particularly when the content was black with a small (but excellent) image.

However, I only took a short look around, but closed the window immediately as the MUSIC started. I can't stand websites with music. I usually listen to music when I use the computer, and a web-site with music will be closed immediately, no matter what the content is. Some may like it, I don't. Especially when it interferes with Jimi Hendrix [8o|]

Maybe a simpler site would do just as well? Take a look at this (a friend of mine, Nikon user, bad english, but nice layout and pictures) www.digitalnatur.no

If I was to have a web-site, I would try something like that.

Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Lars

I am not that negative, the pictures were nice, and the lay-out was pleasant. I am also not a native english user, so I will not comment on language issues. I better improve my own english before I start correcting the British.

When I clicked around, the web-site automatically resized my browser window (Firefox). I would prefer not, particularly when the content was black with a small (but excellent) image.

However, I only took a short look around, but closed the window immediately as the MUSIC started. I can't stand websites with music. I usually listen to music when I use the computer, and a web-site with music will be closed immediately, no matter what the content is. Some may like it, I don't. Especially when it interferes with Jimi Hendrix [img]/emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]

Maybe a simpler site would do just as well? Take a look at this (a friend of mine, Nikon user, bad english, but nice layout and pictures) www.digitalnatur.no

If I was to have a web-site, I would try something like that.

Lars

I accept your recommendations to improve my English.[] Thanks.

I thought Peterborough is interested in unbiased opinion of one of the potential customers...

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]Wow, interesting comments!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I am Aussie mate so we are pretty laid back and relaxed. Compared to my web site yours looks pretty good to me.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] When a potential client is looking for a photographer to do there wedding or anything in general, they look at the photos you take, your prices and the comments you get back from past clients.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I think you have done well with all three.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Because you missed a letter from your name or the music was on, the font was the wrong size blah blah blah wouldn&rsquo;t worry me, it&rsquo;s called fine tuning.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Your getting your name out there.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] All the best.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]My apologies if I have misspelt something or my grammar is incorrect.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] [:P]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]Scott
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]

I would take away the " you must be logged in to leave a comment" part.

Overall I like the site, clean and easy to navigate... these are some thoughts

I would question the need for a tag cloud, or its importance... are your recents posts more important than the tag cloud, in which case swap their position

I have 850px of vertical view space on my browser and I have to scroll the home page (as someone else has said) to read the three columns of text...

You have quite detailed pricing, having a quick scout around other wedding websites a some have no pricing at all, some have "prices from" and some have detailed listings like yours... you might want to consider that... if you are going to put detailed pricing on I would lay the page out differently as to get the price you have to hunt for it

You don't seem have any "happy client" quotes...

The "My Photos" Gallery is empty and also doesn't give an indication of what or why "My Photos" would be on a wedding site