Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did I do wrong?

Re: What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Does the lens correction in lightroom 3 make positive changes to that?

My demo died so I'm not for sure. I never tried to pull a picture out of it when it starts off that bad.

You could send me one of your RAW files so I can check it out for you?[]

I might have tried it on my bee picture but it didn't work out so hot, then one of the pros on this site hooked me up with a cure in PS with a mask,ect.

Oh you have PS already?

As you know, LR3was WAAAY better on most everything as compared to previous versions. NR actually works!

I know! Tje only thing that's not better is the speed...it seems to be using just a bit more power. But aside that...it's pretty awesome! To be honest I almost never use NR and so I haven't seen it yet...

We even had a group called the pirate-party who could be elected during the national elections this year!

That's so funny! Do they have minimum requirements to run for office?

Well you need a specific amount of members to get to the elections. With elections you need a specific amount of votes to get 1 seal. There are 150 seals total(150 people) so to get influence you need OR help from other arties to achieve the 75 person majority OR you need to become that big yourself and so you need half the population to vote for you haha...and they didn't even get enough votes for 1 seal [A]

Almost forgot, is your country known for miniature golf?

I guess so? I know we have it here...but I'm not sure if we are famous for it...

I guess the Netherlands are famous for their Tulips, (Gouda) Cheese, Windmills and waterworks(dikes etc), Clogs...

Other things are Rotterdam Harbour (used to be biggest in the world until 2004, now still biggest in Europe and 3rd in world orso), Amsterdam of course...by seeing movies I kind of get the idea that filmmakers have a strong misviewed look on Amsterdam...everyone is on drugs (becasue softdrugs are legal) and the famous red light district...but of course these are pretty overrated. Yes, softdrugs are legal, but personally I never tried it and it's not causing any problems other than some homefarming []I guess that happens everywhere around the world.

And perhaps I missed the miniature golf! []

Miniature golfor as we call it: midget-golf...is originally Scottish I guess []

Hope that solves your question []

You could send me one of your RAW files so I can check it out for you?

Careful what you ask for. I might just send you everything I got![] What's your hourly/weekly rate?[]

Oh you have PS already?

If by that you mean Photoshop 4.0LE, then yes I do. I used somebody's CS2 before to tweak the bee picture I think. It still sucked, but sucked less without the purple stuff going on after using the mask. I also had a demo of CS4 that I held on to for months until I could get enough pics "with potential" to make adjustments before installing it. Of course by that time CS5 already came out. Reminds of the guy I went toa seminar with. They handed out fancy antifreeze testers that could only be used once. He wanted to save his until he needed it. His wife blew up his motor later that year I think because of a lack of proper antifreeze. Still had thetester though

I guess the Netherlands are famous for their Tulips, (Gouda) Cheese, Windmills and waterworks(dikes etc), Clogs...

I LOVE gouda cheese. It was pretty pricey, but well worth it.

Getting back to camera stuff:

Does anyone know when using DPP,is the NR slider not real-time and you need to press "apply" to see what it's done? LR does it pretty quick on my machine as I move the slider over. I waited a while when trying the DPP version and didn't see anything until pressing the buttton, but then again my computer is very slow on most everything else and I cold not be waiting long enough. I wasn't sure. Maybe I should have started a new thread instead with this question as it has nothing to do with said pictures. Oh well. I'll give it a couple days first.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

You could send me one of your RAW files so I can check it out for you?

Careful what you ask for. I might just send you everything I got![img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] What's your hourly/weekly rate?[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

I'll send you my personal info so we can discuss prices... normally rates start at 250€/hour and it includes free Dr. Phill-grade advice and all my e-mail is free of charge [8-|]

Getting back to camera stuff:

Does anyone know when using DPP,is the NR slider not real-time and you need to press "apply" to see what it's done? LR does it pretty quick on my machine as I move the slider over. I waited a while when trying the DPP version and didn't see anything until pressing the buttton, but then again my computer is very slow on most everything else and I cold not be waiting long enough. I wasn't sure. Maybe I should have started a new thread instead with this question as it has nothing to do with said pictures. Oh well. I'll give it a couple days first.

Somebody else probablyknowsmore about this...

oes anyone know when using DPP,is the NR slider not real-time and you need to press "apply" to see what it's done?

I just loaded up an image. After about 3 seconds, the apply button greys out, so I guess it auto-applies on load.

After dragging the luminance slider, waiting a minute or so, it still hasn't greyed out, so changes don't appear to be auto-applied.

If you download the latest DPP, there is a NR preview button just under the apply button. It opens up a small 100% view along with the NR sliders. In this view you can change your NR settings and see the results pretty much immediately. Hitting apply will apply the changes... so not really an auto-apply, as the OK button is an apply button. I think this NR Preview came in the same update as the crop tool rotation feature.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Thanks for the reply DavidEcceston! That's the info I was looking for. I went ahead and downloaded the update and the vids that show how to use it. Basicly, I need to sell my 70-200 2.8IS and get a new computer..or learn how to take a picture..then get a 500mm. Doesn't look like it's getting cheaper either way[:S]
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.