Thread: steadicam users for video?

steadicam users for video?

Hi,

Are any of you using steadicams for your videos? I've seen things like glide cam and indicam, I'm just curious to see what people are using out there. I have a wedding video shoot coming up in 2 months, and I'm kind of looking for ideas. Thanks.

-D

Re: steadicam users for video?

I've used a steadystick and that was alright. I've also used a very heavy tripod that I hold by the neck with the legs extended horizontally and that works very well. But if you have the money (or can rent from lens rentals) a shoulder mount is your best bet.

I'm doing steadicam training currently but for big rigs. Are you using an SLR rig that you want to steadify? The smallest one for a DSLR is the Merlin. You can usually rent it for pretty cheap. Though, I do suggest renting it early and practicing for a few days on a family member as it does take quite a bit of practice to get good at it. If you can, rent the arm and vest too as this will give you the best flexibility and won't tire your arms out as quickly.

Good luck!

Mike

Yes I'm looking for a smaller rig for a 5D mkII. The merlin looks pretty sweet but it's pretty pricey. Anyone try the flowpod or the smaller version from the same company? sorry can't think of the exact name right now. Still open to other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozen

Yes I'm looking for a smaller rig for a 5D mkII. The merlin looks pretty sweet but it's pretty pricey. Anyone try the flowpod or the smaller version from the same company? sorry can't think of the exact name right now. Still open to other suggestions.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

RedRockMicro...but you probably won't like the price on those rigs either. :-)