Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: more warbird shots from a week ago -- added a new pic

Re: more warbird shots from a week ago

Jim, are you coming down to the Canadian national airshow this summer? Know of any good spots? (That don't cost money!)

Mike

mike, i'm going to try and get down for that one, and no, i cant think of a good vantage point that is free, except maybe a boat [:P]. i've always liked the vantage point from ontario place, too bad nuthing is free anymore [].............actually, let me amend that, there is a free (donations accepted) airshow in brantford every sept 1st, i'm going to try and get to that one, even though it isnt on a weekend and i'll have to burn a vacation day, or sick day..........lol

jim

jim, you got a boat we could use? [:P]

this brantford airshow intrigues me. Off I go to Google!

Mike

Huh? Do you guys need to pay to see an airshow? Or just if you want to take photos? I'm confused... [:P]

We have to pay to get close unobstructed views because it is out over the water. I wish they'd blow up the countryside every year in a free show like you get [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    We have to pay to get close unobstructed views because it is out over the water

Oehhh that sounds awesome! Personally I would pay for an unobstructed view at a show above the water [A] I would love to see something like that!

I wish they'd blow up the countryside every year in a free show like you get [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Well yes it's not bad I guess [:P] we only need to pay for parking the car, but there are other ways to get there. I guess it's free because it's organized by the ministry of defense and officially it's a way to recruit new defense-personnel.. there are infostands everywhere and I used to collect every poster they gave away(they give away LOTS of stuff), but now I only come to see the planes and it's not bad [A] I think it's even named the most spectacular/biggest show in Europe, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Makes sense that the military is there. I'm actually considering applying for a part-time job with the Canadian forces as an Imaging Tech. Taking photos and shooting video and stuff... though I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much[]

I would pay too, but its way too over-priced and that cuts out of my lens rental budget...

I'm actually considering applying for a part-time job with the Canadian forces as an Imaging Tech. Taking photos and shooting video and stuff...

Do it! Do it! Do it! That would be amazing! And perhaps you get the chance to fly with one of the planes/heli's sometime [A] "for the sake of a photo".

though I don't think my girlfriend would like that very much

sigh...if I had the chance...I wouldn't hesitate for 1 second [:P]

I would pay too, but its way too over-priced and that cuts out of my lens rental budget...

Hmm seriously is it that expensive? I had to pay 60 euro for rentals this year. 100-400 was 20 euro and 7D 35 euro, add insurance and it totaled at 60 euro. Not cheap, but it's worth it [A]

I really wanna... Maybe I can go on a duty tour to the Netherlands[]

It's 75$ (55euro) for a 300mm 2.8 for the weekend or $150 (112euro) for the 400mm 2.8 for the weekend. Plus a 60% deposit of the value of the lens... Sigh. If you mail me your credit card then I can show you![A]

I really wanna... Maybe I can go on a duty tour to the Netherlands[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

[]

It's 75$ (55euro) for a 300mm 2.8 for the weekend or $150 (112euro) for the 400mm 2.8 for the weekend. Plus a 60% deposit of the value of the lens... Sigh. If you mail me your credit card then I can show you![img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img]

I meant the entrance fee [:P] But those prices are pretty much the same here. I only rented for 1 day since the rental place was 10km away from the airbase. By the way, do you really need an f2.8 lens? The 300mm I will say is not too heavy to handhold whole day, but I think with the 400mm prime you'd like a good tripod or monopod.