Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: more warbird shots from a week ago -- added a new pic

Re: more warbird shots from a week ago

The entrance fee is $95 dollars (70 euro) and unforunately it's the same rate for a weekend or one day and I don't know of a place that will rent the 300mm f/4.0 for a day. I only know of a place that would rent it to you for a week.

WOW! Now I get your point...

And what about the 100-400? Or the new 70-200 with 1.4 extender?

By the way: you must get quite some show for that amount of money [:O]

Doubt it. They've been cutting back huge since 9/1. Unfortuantely I haven't been in many many years so I can't testify to this, but I haven't heard of it being "Amazing".

The 100-400 is not that bad to rent for a day but once again it's still the cost of entrance, the lens and the deposit for the lens...

I just don't have the money or justification to spend it on that []

I wouldn't do it myself either unless I would know that it was truly spectacular! And even then the costs had to be justifiable by some sort of way. But nah...200 dollar for an airshow...hard to justify []

jan........at a lot of our airshows (not that many anymore, unfortunatly) they make you pay a fee to get in, but usually its not that much, and when ever i go up to the local airport, hamilton, i will gladly pay whatever they ask, mostly because it is for the canadian warplane heritage, a non profit flying museum......they own one of only 2 airworthy lancasters ($C2000 if you want a flight in it [:P]), 0ne of only 3 airworthy fairey fireflys, a bunch of old trainers, a consolidated PBY canso flying boat, a hawker sea fury, a lysander, and a whole wack of non airworthy ex canadian airforce jets......they used to have an airworthy hurricane (lost in a hanger fire, they saved the lancaster[]) and an airworthy corsiar (sold it for some strange reason [:S][:'(][:@])

mike..........if you want to be a photo tech in the canadian military, thats an airforce trade......and the closest airforce base is now borden, since they closed downsview......and i am not 100% sure you can be a photo tech reservist........i could be wrong........and i used to be in the airforce[]..........i was a CF-18 airframe tech. hence my soft spot for aircraft of any type [:P]

Good to hear the canso is still flying. I love that aircraft. I remember when they sold the corsair! I was so angry!

I haven't dug too deep into the website yet, but from what I gathered it seems like it could be a reservist trade. I'll have to double check it. I'll get some friends to look into it for me who are in the forces. What rank were you? Haha, my dad flew as a hobby and I did a few lessons many years ago, and absolutely loved aircraft since I was a little kid.[]

I think all your shots are fantastic, Jim. I have a airshow coming my way I think next month so I'm learning from what you have going here! I hope I can make ours and bring my 100-400mm as well!

Denise

I just realized that the airshow ticket price includes admission to the ex as well. Depending on the entrance price of the x by itself it may be worth it... I'll have to look into this. But I'm very interested in going to the Brantford Airshow that you mentioned Jim

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069
    they own one of only 2 airworthy lancasters

I guess then I've seen the other one! It's the one of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight:

5DII with 100-400 at 320mm f10 ISO200 1/250

5DII with 100-400 at 250mm f11 ISO200 1/250

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069
    .........i was a CF-18 airframe tech. hence my soft spot for aircraft of any type [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

I'm jealous [:P] I always wanted to be a fighter-plane pilot (who doesn't?), but my slight colorblindness was a definite dealbreaker, while you can even have glasses and still apply for tests to become a pilot [] Therefor I went to study aeronautical engineering, it opened my view for commercial airplanes a bit, but I still didn't like it...too boring!(my heart is not with the commercial planes....) Nowadays I'm doing something totally different, but I still got a soft spot for aircrafts[A]

Alright lets do this! *Take off* Okay now lets sit here for the 12hr flight! ... Haha

Looks like you did see the other one! Bomb bay doors open too. With the demonstrations you guys have over there I'm surprised I don't see some miniature bombs heading right for your head![:P]