Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: more warbird shots from a week ago -- added a new pic

Re: more warbird shots from a week ago

jan........nice shots of the brit lanc [:P], too bad they cant meet up one year and do a killer fly by somewhere, 2 lancs, couple hurricanes, bunch of spits, and hell, throw in some mustangs......imagine the sound of all those merlins...........[:O][]......"By the way: you must get quite some show for that amount of money" one year we did have quite a show, it was years ago, cant remember how long, an RAF nimrod crashed into the lake during the airshow........

denise......if you're going to go to that airshow, i would suggest looking for bryans tips on shooting airshow pictures......i read it, and it helped me a lot, i was way rusty from not going to one in years. and definatly take your 100-400, and maybe a short zoom (cant remember off the of me head what you have), you may not use the full 400mm, but you will definatly appreciate the reach. i have some shots of trainers where you can see the passenger taking pictures of us [:P]

mike.........cant you get us in with your CBC creds??? []lol.........i could be your assistant..........[H].........i'd have to try out your 7D though, in exchange for letting you try my 100-400......or 70-200f/4 & 1.4tc..........[]

jim

That'd be like a WWII superiority show. Imagine the crowd they'd pull in for that.

I wish it were that simple... I'm contemplating renting a 100-400 for the show. I talked my girlfriend into going to it today[]

Mike

thought i would add another shot........let me know what you think of this shot [] shot with 100-400 again, at 100mm, f/10, 1/250s and iso200

jim

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069
    jan........nice shots of the brit lanc[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img], too bad they cant meet up one year and do a killer fly by somewhere, 2 lancs, couple hurricanes, bunch of spits, and hell, throw in some mustangs......imagine the sound of all those merlins...........[img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img][img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]......
    <div>

[A][][A]

"By the way: you must get quite some show for that amount of money" one year we did have quite a show, it was years ago, cant remember how long, an RAF nimrod crashed into the lake during the airshow........
    <div>

Hmm I guess that tops me [:P] To be honest I don't know if I want to see a crash, I think they'll be even more careful afterwards and cutting in expenses...making the one show I go to worse...that can't happen! []

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    I'm contemplating renting a 100-400 for the show. I talked my girlfriend into going to it today[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    <div>

Good boy [:P] I think you'll be very pleased with it. Make sure you practice a bit with the zooming and you'll be fine!

.let me know what you think of this shot [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] shot with 100-400 again, at 100mm, f/10, 1/250s and iso200

Cool photo Jim! Love the angle and the background element is welcome as well [] Were you lucky with standing so close behind the plane or did you pull some strings for this shot?

Jan
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Were you lucky with standing so close behind the plane or did you pull some strings for this shot?

was all luck jan.......just happened to be behind it when she started up, good thing it was only a trainer and not something with 1000+ horsepower.....that woulda just been dangerous[:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Love the angle and the background element is welcome as well

thanks jan, i love angles like this on aircraft on the tarmac, especially old warbirds that are tail-sitters (dont think a tricycle gear plane would have the proper effect), especially when i get my DOF correct, and by the background elements, do you mean the big honking radar in the background?? i love that its there[] gives something a little different to the picture

jim

good thing it was only a trainer and not something with 1000+ horsepower.....that woulda just been dangerous[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Get some prop-blast going and whoops! there goes Jim's 100-400...

along with him...

[]

thanks jan, i love angles like this on aircraft on the tarmac, especially old warbirds that are tail-sitters (dont think a tricycle gear plane would have the proper effect)

Me too, I don't think it would work with tricycles either. That's the beauty of tail-sitters!

and by the background elements, do you mean the big honking radar in the background?? i love that its there[img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] gives something a little different to the picture

Yep it definitely works for me! I thought it was a water-supply or something, anyway I like it []

I must say 1 thing I only noticed now is that your horizon is off angle. So the tower is also standing angled. Is it on purpose or would it get even better if you changed this?

Jan

jan.........i know the horizon and ASR are a little off level, i wanted the trainer level, at the expense of the background. when i try'd to compose with the background horizon and ASR level, the plane just didnt look right. guess thats what happens when you're on an uneven tarmac area, but then again, i do not know of even a level runway either [:P]

mike........yeah, that wouldnt have been good, dont wreck my 100-400.......me? who cares, i heal, but my camera and lens......no way......lol[:P]

jim

So I guess your next set will be of another person getting your shot with you in crutches and your shattered 100-400 in your hand with you crying?

jan.........i know the horizon and ASR are a little off level, i wanted the trainer level, at the expense of the background. when i try'd to compose with the background horizon and ASR level, the plane just didnt look right. guess thats what happens when you're on an uneven tarmac area, but then again, i do not know of even a level runway either [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Yeah I was afraid for that to happen. Well it does'nt bother me enough in this shot, so I think you made a good choice. Looking forward for more airplanesphotos this summer []