Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more warbird shots from a week ago -- added a new pic

more warbird shots from a week ago -- added a new pic

more shots of warbirds from last weekend, again, all shot with my XSi and 100-400L lens. first up is a fairey firefly, i beleive there are only 3 of these airworthy in the world.

shot at 235mm, 1/250s, f/8, iso200

P-40K kittyhawk shot at 100mm, 1/160s, f/8, iso200

lancaster bomber, this time from below as he flew over me, shot at 250mm, 1/250s, f5.6 and iso400

jim

Re: more warbird shots from a week ago

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......................guess no one looks at my pictures or reads my posts anymore..........oh well, easy way to fix that............

For some reason I can't quite put my finger on I really love that shot of the P-40. Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......................guess no one looks at my pictures or reads my posts anymore..........oh well, easy way to fix that............
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Oh stop it---you have to give some of us a chance to get off work, deal with the family, and scratch the dog before we plop our plump A....s in front of the computer.

Now---I love the shots, Number two is especially appealing to me.

Nice work
    Bob

Some nice photos. Really makes me wish I had the 100-400

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonTRD

Some nice photos. Really makes me wish I had the 100-400
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Me too. I tried to shoot Marine 1 on the weekend and had to crop a giant 5000x3000 200mm shot to about 2000 just to get it in full frame...

thanks guys..............and appologies if my comment seemed out of place......its just nice to get comments after taking the time to upload and post, not to mention the time that one takes to actualy shoot something for a couple hours.......and when one has pictures posted, and everytime i looked, my post was being pushed further and further down the list of posts......i was getting dejected

once again thanks for the kind words........and i love my 100-400 lens, its been on my camera 90% of the time since i got it off of kijiji over a month ago

jim

Love your shots Jim!

I saw your posts before, but I wanted to sort out my own photos of an airshow first and then post some and reply here.

Still haven't sorted them entirely, I guess I needed to do that faster [] Renting the 7D and very bad weather also resulted in some disappointment especially with sorting the photos...

Ill post some in here: Post your favorite airplane shots

Perhaps you can post a few there as well and we activate that topic again. I'm sure there will be others going to airshows this summer []

Jan

i completely forgot about that string......i'll post a couple shots in there Jan. i just wish there were more airshows in ontario, not as many as there used to be......and our local warbirds are taking off for the summer airshow circuit......prob wont see them till the end of august now..........

jim

i'll post a couple shots in there

Thanks Jim, I've seen them [Y]

i just wish there were more airshows in ontario, not as many as there used to be.....

I know...there's only 1 real airshow each year that I know off here in the Netherlands []But I'm there every time! I could watch a good airshow anytime!