Thread: 5d mr ii SHATTERED LCD advice please

5d mr ii SHATTERED LCD advice please

Hello, while transporting my camera it was dropped resulting in shattered glass and a shattered lcd screen. I'm taking into a repair store tomorrow, but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone before and what the cost of repair might be. I need the camera as soon as possible, so i was also wondering how long canon takes to fix such a problem. Any advice is much appreciated. here are some pictures of the damage.[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.45.33/lcdbroken.jpg[/img]

In the picture the LCD is on and as you can see both the glass and the lcd are shattered. this makes me very sad

Re: 5d mr ii SHATTERED LCD advice please

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyu
    this makes me very sad

Me, too. I almost cried when I saw it, and I don't even know the camera in question personally.

I can offer no advice- I only wish you the best of luck for a speedy and not-too-costly recovery.

Would that body armor stuff have prevented that ???? I can feel my wallet cringing at the site if this. Hopefully it won't cost 2 arms and a leg to fix.

Not as bad as you think, fortunately. First off, can you still take photos? I just dropped my 40D and the LCD broke as well. I was told there are three parts - the shield, the LCD, and the Low Pass Filter.

As long as the Low Pass Filter wasn't harmed (which they say is rare), it's not too expensive. My estimate was $177 here locally, from a certified Canon shop.

Please let me know how it goes and good luck!

Thanks, this is good news. Yeah, the camera still takes photo's and as far as i can tell they are fine.

Thanks Again, I'll keep you posted.

Send it straight to Canon. Sending it to a shop just delays the process and adds a layer of disinformation.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.