Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BYCS...also, SYSHTUYCS!

Re: BYCS

Oh, and it'll focus at 14''. That's like 7x magnification

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan7
    16-740mm

Don't forget that you'll need to have Canon design a motorized automatic zooming/telescoping/flaring lens hood for that extreme focal length range...that, or they can simply take the easy way out and make the hood a 2-foot long tube with a petal at the very end, and make the lens a reverse-zoom design like the 24-70mm.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Don't forget that you'll need to have Canon design a motorized automatic zooming/telescoping/flaring lens hood for that extreme focal length range...that, or they can simply take the easy way out and make the hood a 2-foot long tube with a petal at the very end, and make the lens a reverse-zoom design like the 24-70mm.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89

I like it!

Nah...I'd doubt that he'd want external zooming on his 16-740mm []

...we had such a good time at that event that we'll be going to the next concert in the series as well.

...and this time, I brought my camera. []

AWWW!! Great Shot, John! This is what makes carrying that gear around at all times worth it!

Denise

Haha the energy of your girl is great! Very nice![]

I think the picture would be even better with some bouncing flash.

Anyway it looks like a lot of fun!

John, I bet you just went to the concert to get a picture of her showing her moves. This isn't a coincidence. ;-)

Hahah. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel

John, I bet you just went to the concert to get a picture of her showing her moves. This isn't a coincidence. ;-)

[A]

Re: BYCS...also, SYSHTUYCS!

<div style="color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; margin: 8px;"]

I recently got a Lowepro Toploader Pro 65AW - the perfect size for my gripped 7D with 17-55mm f/2.8 IS or 24-105mm f/4<span>LIS. But even though that's arelativelycompact kit (at least compared to a backpack full of lenses with a tripod strapped onto it), it's still a fair bit of bulk and weight. This has me considering a PowerShot S90, which seems to be a good, pocket-sizedblend of convenience and control with RAW capability.

I ordered a new PowerShot S95 yesterday, and it's in my hands as of a few minutes ago. []
    <div>The battery is still charging, so I haven't powered it on yet...but wow, this thing is tiny! It's about the size of the LC-E6 battery charger for my 7D (smaller than mine and my wife's iPhones stacked together). 10 megapixels, a nice f/2 lens (at the wide end, and albeit limited a 4.6x crop sensor), good manual controls, shoots RAW,and fits quite easily in my pocket. Now I should never have an excuse to be without a camera!</div>
    </div>