Thread: Help with DPP & custom white balance

Help with DPP & custom white balance

I'm using DPP to edit my raw files and trying to use the dropper tool to set white balance on a raw image. I am able to do all this just fine but when I try to register the white balance setting for use on another image, DPP returns an error 'cannot write file'. There are only 3 custom settings (1,2,3) so its not like there is an incorrect file name. Has anyone seen this problem or is there a required directory that needs to be set up for DPP to be able to 'register' the custom white balance setting?

Thanks in advance for you help

Re: Help with DPP & custom white balance

I cannot duplicate your problem. I am using DPP version 3.7.2.0 and it works fine. I click on the dropper and then click on the white I want to use as my reference. The image adjusts and then I hit register and pick 1, 2 or 3 and click on OK and it is registered. I just tried it a couple of times and it worked fine. I just installed and have updated DPP, but I let it choose default settings.

Possibly your security is not allowing you to do it. You may need to change permissions for DPP. I use Kaspersky and I added DPP as "trusted" when I set it up. This is the first thing I can think of, I hope it helps you.

Chris

I'm using DPP 3.8.0 though I suspect the problem is not with DPP but a permissions issue somewhere. I'm using avast security and turned it off to see if it was blocking but the problem persists. The program folder appears to have the proper permissions for the system to read/write. Thanks for the idea of areas to check on.

I think I'm also using DPP 3.8.0 and have not experienced any trouble registering the WB. I also use Avast. One quick question though, are you editing your RAW files from an external HD (probably over a network/shared folder) or locally?

That's what I can think of now.

- Angelo
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com