Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PhotoVideoSuperstore.com - Anyone heard of it?

Re: PhotoVideoSuperstore.com - Anyone heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    Wow, Chris great story. I can't believe that they are so blatantly dishonest.

Unfortunately dealers like that live off the uninformed. I like calling when I have the time just to check out their pitch and maybe tie them up long enough to prevent them from selling to someone. And sometimes it seems they "pad" their ratings at resellerratings. I have seen stores on there that I know to avoid and they have a good rating.

Another retailer to avoid is CameraKings. For all I know they are the same owners. Many of these companies have multiple store fronts.On the web somewhere, there is a photo story someone did on the NYC sham dealers. It is eye opening.

Steve, the guy I mentioned in my first post was someone I found using the pricegrabber link at the bottom of one of Bryan's reviews. I called with a question and he answered the call. When we were done with my question, he asked if I was interested in making the purchase. I told him I was still thinking about it and I was not sure. He simply asked if I did purchase, would I give him the sale, the price would be the same as the web, but he worked on a commission and would appropriate the sale. I was impressed with his honest approach and did end up calling him back for the purchase. Since then, he is one of my first calls for Canon. I like having someone who I can call or e-mail who personally gets back to me, usually the same day. He does occasionally take a day off. I pay the standard Canon pricing, but there is a comfort level I enjoy. I do not even look at the lowballers. If there is more than $50.00 difference on Canon, something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    So.., I guess you won't be giving them 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Maybe -5, too harsh?

Just my $.02,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris White
    Finally, guy two comes on and I ask him "do you have them in stock?" He says "yes". I ask, "Does it include everything that is supposed to come with a 5D II?" he says "of course". I ask him what that is and the first thing I notice is that it does not include the battery. When I inquire as to the missing battery, he informs me "it is not included". If I want a kit with the battery, I need to buy the "magnesium body model" and as he is about to up-sell me to the much pricier magnesium model, I interrupt to inform him they are all magnesium bodies on the 5D II, he informs me they are not. "Only the USA models are magnesium, not the plastic import models."

Makes me wonder what you would have gotten if you had said, "Ok, I've got extra LP-E6 batteries for my 7D anyway. For $1800 send me the 'plastic import model' of the 5DII..."

Like I said, these are common scams. I repeat, caveat emptor.

Chris, thanks for the great story.

I actually visited PCnation.com after you recommended it. I'm a little disappointed cause they were selling 5DII for $2400 which is as same as Adromas's or or other's like B&H

If there is more than $50.00 difference on Canon, something is wrong.

well I'v been looking for stores in between the "bad"and "good", like I'v said in other thread, I believe there are stores offer better price and good service. I'v made some purchases from them and the savings were not just $50, it's actually a lot more than that. I'll not say any of their name of the stores. but it's really not that hard to find them, just don't let the 'bad" guys(like this photovideosuperstore.com) scare you away, you will be fine if you are not too greedy.(you will be in trouble if you want to buy a 5DII for $1800).

Great story Chris. It's unfortunate but true that there are scammers out there []. And don't take it personally, there's nothing more insulting to a salesperson... sorry, attempt at a sales person than a customer who knows more than they do[]

Too bad they didn't offer you the Stainless Steel model! I heard that one is great! []

JJphoto,

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    I actually visited PCnation.com after you recommended it. I'm a little disappointed cause they were selling 5DII for $2400 which is as same as Adromas's or or other's like B&H

I realize they are in line with B&H and Adorama both price and reputation wise. I have purchase from some other places that offer a little better price, but they are always want to add a warranty or memory, usually off brand at an inflated price, and on something like a flash, I do not really feel is necessary. I like being able to order and have shipped what I want without the delay of jumping though hoops. It comes down to what you feel most comfortable with, and let's face it most of the gear we have represents an investment. Although I order from Adorama, especially when Bryan lists a deal, I have personally gotten much better service from PCNation.

Moreover, back on point, I just like calling those unscrupulous guys occasionally to hear their lines. It is entertaining in an offbeat sort of way, especially when you know they are shoveling BS but the wagon load -- plastic 5D II. The sad thing is I am fairly certain they actually sell them to uninformed people who then brag at parties what a deal they got and how much better their magnesium body is than their neighbor's plastic one.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    there's nothing more insulting to a salesperson... sorry, attempt at a sales person than a customer who knows more than they do

AMEN!

Moreover, back on point, I just like calling those unscrupulous guys occasionally to hear their lines. It is entertaining in an offbeat sort of way, especially when you know they are shoveling BS but the wagon load -- plastic 5D II.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

You should record your conversations and post them on youtube or something. Probably would get a bunch of laughs to people haha