Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Football!! Congratulations to Spain!!!

Re: World Cup Football!! The Netherlands are through to finales!!

The finals will be an interesting game... I think Spain could very probably choke up the Dutch offense with their passing and ball possession, but I will say that Pujol and Pique are going to have their hands full with Wesley Sneijer on fire. The difference, as I said earlier, will be Torres and Van Persie. I think that whichever of those two play well; their team will win.

Torres and Van Persie....both stellar players who haven't performed well thus far in the tournament. It will be interesting to see if either one of them is able to get their game going.

Will Torres even start? I know I'd wanna give him the start, but he hasn't been producing much, and Pedro(?) who started for him yesterday played a very decent game. It's the biggest game in their history, so maybe they go with Torres no matter what.

It'll be a great one, I think. Awesome to see the tournament's two leading scorers (David Villa and Sneijder) in the same game.

Not looking forward to Robben and Iniesta falling down every time someone so much as breathes on them. That irritates me.

Bummed the Germans didn't progress to the final, I really love how they've been playing, but Spain dominated the game in terms of the style of it.

Totally looking forward to the final!
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    Will Torres even start?

Yeah, but he'll be subbed sometime around the 60th minute.

It's the biggest game in their history, so maybe they go with Torres no matter what.

prob. true.

It'll be a great one, I think. Awesome to see the tournament's two leading scorers (David Villa and Sneijder) in the same game.

I just realized that!

Not looking forward to Robben and Iniesta falling down every time someone so much as breathes on them. That irritates me.

Agreed 100%. The ref just ignored his playacting in the game v. Germany.

Bummed the Germans didn't progress to the final, I really love how they've been playing, but Spain dominated the game in terms of the style of it.

+1. So my post was just me repeating what Alex said [:P]

I hope the playacting doesn't come up. There was so little in the Spain v. Germany game that I am not sure what you mean by the ref ignoring it. He just didn't have any to deal with. If you wanted to see playacting then you should have watched Netherlands v. Brazil. I think there was someone on the ground every minute of the game!

If I were to place a bet it would be with Spain. Germany and the Netherlands have similar styles it seems to me. Spain has already shown that it has the patience and endurance to take on a team like that so I would put my money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming
    There was so little in the Spain v. Germany game that I am not sure what you mean by the ref ignoring it

Xavi and Sergio Ramos certainly had their share of, "Referee, he scratched me!" against Germany.

If you wanted to see playacting then you should have watched Netherlands v. Brazil. I think there was someone on the ground every minute of the game!

Agreed. Brazil is my favorite team (after the US of course) and it was pitiful to watch them lose like that. The Dutch got away with murder in that game. It's annoying to see a player (cough cough Arjen Robben) roll around on the ground like someone's hit him with a cinderblock, get the other player a yellow, and then stand right back up as if nothing had happened. I don't like when teams have to do that to win.

If I were to place a bet it would be with Spain. Germany and the Netherlands have similar styles it seems to me. Spain has already shown that it has the patience and endurance to take on a team like that so I would put my money on them.

Germany never got into its counter-attacking rhythm against Spain, and I attribute that to thomas mueller's absence. What might have been.

Spain will have their hands full with Robben, Kuyt, and Sneijder. At the same time, I don't think the Netherlands can stop Villa when he's in the box with that unpredictable Jabulani.

To me there are two factors that will decide the winner:

1. Goalkeeping: Maarten Stekelenburg and Iker Casillas both have been phenomenal this world cup. Whomever can come up with the saves will lead his team to victory.

2. As has been said multiple times, Torres and Van Persie. Either of those strikers could easily tip the balance if they played half as well as they are capable of.

I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for. I sure do like tapas []

brendan

Agreed 100%. The ref just ignored his playacting in the game v. Germany.

To be honest Robben is my least favorite player, because he's a master wussie [:P] Anyway sometimes I do get it though, since he had a serious injury and so is vulnerable and it seemed a bit like they where targeting him. But nonetheless I don't like the wussie-acting!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan7

+1. So my post was just me repeating what Alex said[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

+2 in that case []

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan7
    roll around on the ground like someone's hit him with a cinderblock, get the other player a yellow, and then stand right back up as if nothing had happened

Have you seen Suarez's trick last night?? [A] It was close to a 3-3 tie due to that...

I truly hope tonight will be a good game to watch, we'll see, but I'm pretty sure the Netherlands will beat the */-* out of Spain no matter what [:P]

-Jan- Stay positive []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Have you seen Suarez's trick last night?? [img]/emoticons/emotion-13.gif[/img] It was close to a 3-3 tie due to that...

yep i saw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    I truly hope tonight will be a good game to watch, we'll see, but I'm pretty sure the Netherlands will beat the */-* out of Spain no matter what [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

[]

OK, it's in the 84th minute and the Netherlands is looking FANTASTIC; Arjen Robben almost scored half a dozen times. I predict Netherlands wins it in a shootout, which is going to be hard with Iker Casillas.

Sorry to all the Dutch fans and congrats to all the Spanish fans!!!

Just spent 5min in the street party here in Toronto, shot over 400 pictures... Awesome.

Now back to studying for my test tomorrow. Then post-processing and photos will be posted tomorrow!

It was a nerve-wrecking game with a lot of yellows and groundplay unfortunately. Both teams attackers failed to end the game earlier, although they had quite some chances. Anyway congratulations to the Spanish!! [Y]

Nicely done! And Mike, looking forward to the pictures []