Thread: Simpsons joke

Simpsons joke

From "Bart vs. Thanksgiving" :

In the Silverdome, now ablaze with flashbulbs, as `Hooray for Everything'
    leaves the field! Of course, a stadium is much too big for flash pictures
    to work, but nobody seems to care!

Re: Simpsons joke

Ha ha ha, the announcer is right!

I've seen people using the built-in flash of their cameras on any major event, I guess P&S set to automatic mode.

To make this one even stronger, I've seen people using their in-camera flash at an airshow last month![:P]

I've seen people in broad daylightusing there in-camera flash shooting landscapes! Again, P&S set to automatic.

John.

Most often people ask me why I wear the 580ex2 flash in broad day light on a sunny afternoon, it can combat the light of the sun and you can have better portrait of people in front of a luminous background, but you must all know that anyway.

About that stadium joke, I feel like using a flash on a p'n's on a stadium to take picture of the players will actualy degrade the picture. The nearest subject (probably out of focus) will be too luminous and, the most important : the "artificial intelligence" in the camera will falsly take in consideration that the subject will be illuminated with the flash, so maybe it will badly ajust its settings (iso, aperture, exposure time) to grab the real subject.

Talking of wich, I always wondered if it is possible to have information about how (my camera for instance) a 40d on 'P,TV,AV' take its decision, what factors have what weight, I guess that information is classified, we can only reverse engineer it

It almost bothers me when I see someone using a flash in a big place like that or at a concert or in a big hall or w/e. It makes me want to smack them when they complain that their flash isn't working[]

laughin... calm down man... please have pitty upon those dumb