Thread: Canon Rebel XS upgrade program to a Canon 50D (and protection plans)

Canon Rebel XS upgrade program to a Canon 50D (and protection plans)

I was looking into upgrading my Canon Rebel XS since it just quit on me the other day. Canon has a deal where I trade in the XS for a refurbished 50D for $669 (body only). So one, do you think it's a good deal.

If I do this though I want to have a reassured mind that my camera will be fine. Are there any places that you are familar with that would be good to purchase a protecton plan from? BH has the "NEWSAGEMAX Protection Plans." Anybody heard anything on those? Is it possible to get a protection plan on a refurbished gear?

Re: Canon Rebel XS upgrade program to a Canon 50D (and protection plans)

So aside from the Canon Loyalty Program opinions (I made the dive), what do any of you know about good protections plans?

Sorry mate I'm not sure. I will say though that I had a 3 year extended warranty with Mack and it took me forever to get a claim through when my 40D died. They weren't very helpful to be honest.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I have two Canon-refurbished 7D bodies. They're both fine. Canon wouldn't let them out the door if they weren't.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.